• Computers & Internet >
  • Security
  • Computers & Internet >
  • Security

Is Exploit:Win32/MS04028!jpeg a bad virus?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I don't know how i got it, because i only use my computer for Facebook Yahoo Answers and a few other sports websites. But my microsoft security essentials found it on my ...show more
Best Answer
"Jpeg", is a reference to a picture file. You may have acquired this on one of the sports pages by clicking on a infected/hostile JPG Photo or Image file. You could have come into contact on Yahoo answers by clicking a link within a question. Read the quote below:

"Summary
Exploit:Win32/MS04028!jpeg is a detection for a specially crafted image file (.JPG) that exploits a vulnerability discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028. The exploit could cause a buffer overrun leading to the execution of arbitrary code.....There are no common symptoms associated with this threat. Alert notifications from installed antivirus software may be the only symptoms."

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal...

As it is quarantined it can not harm your computer. Allow it to remain quarantined until your AV develops a solution to permanently delete it or try an Online AV scanner and let it attempt to remove it. You can try Eset's Online scanner=========> http://go.eset.com/us/online-scanner

Good Luck.

Source:

• 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

1 answer hidden
  • amiego4ever answered 4 years ago
    If it is quarantined then, No issue.

Source(s):

• 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Is Exploit:Win32/MS04028!jpeg a bad virus?
    I don't know how i got it, because i only use my computer for Facebook Yahoo Answers and a few other sports websites. But my microsoft security essentials found it on my computer, so is it a bad virus? Also it is quarentined, so can it still screw up my computer?
    Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock