Do Russians really hate Americans?

I'm from America, and am German. But why Russians hate Americans? I mean I'm never mean to them, don't look them in the eye, or try and talk English [don't wanna seem like I'm insulting them, since I'm not Russian]. What's a way to avoid getting a Russian angry? When I go to Russia next year?

Best Answer

Hey Im Russian/ Ukrainian and this is giving it to you straight, Russians are proud, have a tight community here in USA and are deeply rooted in a distinct history that has had boundaries from other cultures. Most attend church here with the Russian language, and in work and school you will often find them grouping together (like most immigrants) but this bond often passes on in generations. And they stand apart from the mainstream, in one or another way, and build up to be the best in life, and true to their predecessors.

And here are the reasons- they are hard working and are real- know reality and face up to it and are upfront with you. In many ways it is the people of Russia are the opposite of the American people, or I guess the word is incompatible. You dont pull any dumb stuff or they flag that behavior- like "durakom stroitsa" like your trying to act dumb, like you are covering up something or you might not be bright enough to get the concept in front of you, and we have high ideals and are deeply rooted in friendship, or bratva as we say. They are tough as nails and distinguish between what is fair and what is truth, no wishy washy. And in many cases its a lot of extremes in their manners, their looks, their cars...

For example my uncle was like man if I wasnt Christian then I would get an AK and pop all these American guys with their pants down low. So there is a distinction of what is authentic and right by religion and classic and proven by time and what is considered as lowly

If you are really interested in educating yourself on the Russian people and visiting with some knowledge read some political history (the czars the perestroika, the revolutions, communism, the only recent democratic government), some explanation of literature (Tolstoy, Pushkin, Turgenev, Platonov) or google quotes/translation of poetry of these authors of this country then it will come in perspective.

So its not really hate in the end its just the way that they have a distinct history and culture and criticize and analyze America and really everything with morals that are set in place by sayings.There are some bad stereotypical Russian that are just living up to that presentation like "I am holier than thou, or I am mafia" but they are on the margins. The majority will welcome you but its that first impression that is important. And you will need to know your stuff if you want to connect with the real Russians and If you were to identify with any of the above mentioned attitudes or ethics or could connect with them at these levels, and respect their land and people and historical perspective than you be alright and would have a memorable experience.

Not at all, most Russians are peaceful people. Judge them as individuals and let them do the same right back, you will not run into trouble.

Dear answerers, I have received low quality answers for my question and was wondering if one of you would come in and give a high quality answer, 10 points will be rewarded, thanks

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvVcw...

Some do, some don't. Its jus like here, some americans dont like russians. Those are jus the ignorant *******, **** the haters, man, be u and real people will appreciate it, specially the russians cuz we some real mothafuckas

someone answer my question too, i got wack answers

Source(s): im a russian in america

Dont judge them. Not every russian hates americans and vice versa. This is the same for every other country.

-Their is no such thing as perfect, nobody is the same as the other. We are all individuals in our own way.

I'm american and german too. I had a german friend, she was cool. They are just secluded people whi stick to their own click. That's all. Just don't say nothing, lol I just smile. :)

Source(s): Personal experience
  • I love Slovakians

• luis l

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT AMERICA,IS PART OF AMERICA.

WHO MADE PEOPLE HATE OTHERS,THE CAPITALIST WORLD WHIT A BIG MESS AROUND.

IS NOT A SECRET BUT RUSIA REBUILD THEIR ECONOMY,USA ECONOMY IS THE KIND OF POWER TO GET MORE ECONOMIC SHARES THAN WORK(]THE STOCK MARKET).

MAYBE THE LAST SHARE OF POWER AND ECONOMY BECAME A MILITAR SELF DESTRUCTION TO BECAME A POWER.

Source(s): THE USA ECONOMY IS A BIG MESS.
  • I don't know? but I hear Russians have something against Hispanics?? what is that about? Russians these days? ;)

Russians hate everyone

not all Russians hate us some fear us and that's why some hate us

Source(s): Me