How is DePaul University's Reputation?

I'm in my senior year of college for my bachelors degree and I've been thinking about going for a Masters degree in Computer, Information, & Network Security from DePaul University. I have options to do my coursework online (which I like) and I hear they have a sterling reputation.

Tuition is very pricy so if I decide to apply and enroll there, I want to be sure I can have a job ready for me when I graduate. Is the school as great and notable as everyone says?

Best Answer

DePaul is respected. It is a school that is loaded with alumni members.Here is some information about their computer science program. At the 2006 ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest, in which over 5,600 teams representing 1,733 universities from 84 countries competed, DePaul placed 29th, one of three U.S. universities in the top 30 (MIT placed 7th, Princeton placed 28th). CDM is a recognized national leader in computer network security and information assurance education, according to a designation bestowed by the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. DePaul was named as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the two agencies in early 2005. CDM was one of only six schools nationwide (and the only Midwestern university) selected by Sony Pictures Imageworks to take part in the inaugural Imageworks Professional Academic Excellence (IPAX) program. The program is a collaboration to educate faculty and structure curricula in an effort to develop future artists, designers, animators and engineers who will help the visual effects industry to grow.

In 2005 DePaul became the first Liberal Arts university in the US to offer a Bachelors degree in Computer Games Development, and in 2008 named Eugene Jarvis their first Game Designer in Residence. Their video Game Design was one of five schools featured in Electronic Gaming Monthly June 2011 issue. The other schools included MIT, USC, and University of Utah.

Please remember that Kerrie L. Holley, The Chief Architect of IBM Global Services and IBM Distinguished Engineer; IBM Black Engineer of the Year Award Recipient 2003 is from DePaul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrie_L._Holley

DePaul is very good for computer science, but great for business. Here is a list of their notable alumni:

Richard Driehaus, CEO, Driehaus Capital Management

Jack Greenberg, former CEO, McDonald's Corporation

James M. Jenness, CEO, Kellogg Company

Edward J. Joyce, President and COO, Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)

Greg Silich, Entrepreneur, former Leo Burnett CFO

Laura Thrall, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, Inc

Bertram L. Scott, President, U.S. Commercial, CIGNA

Peggy Troy, President and CEO, Children’s Hospital and Health System

Frank M.Clark, Chairman and CEO, ComEd

Jeffrey S.Aronin, President and CEO, Ovation Pharmaceuticals

Brooks Boyer, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Chicago White Sox

Leticia Peralta Davis, CEO, Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority

Martin Jahn, General Director, Volkswagen Group RUS

Sister Catherine Ryan, CEO, Maryville Academy

Daniel Ustian, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Navistar International Corp.

Thomas Briatico, President of Maytag Corporation

Robert E. Goldberg, Former Chairman, Chicago Board of Trade

Victor Faraci, Former Senior VP Marketing, Warner Bros.

Kerrie L. Holley, Chief Architect of IBM Global Services and IBM Distinguished Engineer; IBM Black Engineer of the Year Award Recipient 2003

John W. Martin, Jr., Former Vice President and General Counsel Ford Motor Co.

William W. Moreton, President and CFO, Potbelly Sandwich Works

Diane M. Pearse, CFO, Crate and Barrel

Peter Pesce, Executive Vice President, Fifth Third Bank

Richard Rosenfield, Co-Chairman, California Pizza Kitchen

William M. Rudolphsen, Senior Vice President and CFO, Walgreens Co.

Daniel Ustian, CEO and President, Navistar International Corp.

Ernest R. Wish, Chairman of Wish Enterprises; Former Managing Partner, Coopers & Lybrand

Kathleen M. Waltz, President and CEO, Orlando Sentinel Communications

Daniel Krajnovich, CEO, United Healthcare of Indiana

Margaret G. McDermott, Executive Vice president and CEO, Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago

Carol L. Schneider, President and CEO, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Hope Children's Hospital, Oak Lawn

Donna Thompson, CEO, Access Community Health Network

Dan Evans, Former Vice President and General Manager, Los Angeles Dodgers

George Vukotich, Dean, Concordia University College of Business

Anthony J. Andrukaitis, Director, Kelso Technologies Inc

Deborah A. Carder, President, DuPage Association of Women Lawyers

Patricia J. Parson Founder and former CEO, AmerInd, Inc

Michael A. Bilandic, past Mayor of Chicago

Anne M. Burke, Illinois Supreme Court Justice, 1st District

Joseph Burke, judge of the Illinois Appellate Court (1939–76)

Richard M. Daley, former Mayor of Chicago

Richard J. Daley, former Mayor of Chicago

Terrance Gainer, Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate

Benjamin Hooks, former Executive Director of the NAACP

Laura Spurr, Chairwoman of the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi (2000–2001, 2003–2010)[1

Samuel Skinner, former Chief Federal Prosecutor, U.S. Secretary of Transportation; Chief of Staff to President George H. W. Bush

1

Source(s): Advanced affiliates Course http://emuy.info/AffiliateMarketingTrainingPortal

Well, Depaul is well-known because it's an affiliate of the Big East Athletic Conference and the Division I NCAA sports. It has a variety of top-ranked undergraduate and graduate programs. Depaul's computing program is also a recognized national leader in computer network security and information assurance education, according to a designation bestowed by the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

So yes, it's as great as everyone says.

2

Source(s): Earn Writing Article http://givitry.info/WritingJobsOnline/?A81f
  • ebarb

Is Depaul A Good School

• Erika

My Cdm Depaul