Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Black henna tattoo and hair dye?

About 1 month ago I went on holiday to Greece and rather stupidly got a black henna tattoo. Luckily I had no reaction to the tattoo at all but now I want to dye my hair and I'm not too sure if it will be safe. If you have no reaction to a black henna tattoo do you still become allergic to hair dye? Obviously I would do a patch test. Is it possible to get brown hair dyes without PPD? thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Google: Health Risks Warning On Body Art.

Google also: Hair dye & tattoo warning. About 381,000 results (0.25 seconds)

If you're not sure don't.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Sources:

Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?

Source(s): Health Risks Warning On Body Art FDA Hair Dye & Relaxers
  • Lava

Very likely that you're "primed" to react, even if you had no reaction from PPD on your skin. I would avoid it entirely, but if you patch test wait at least 10 days to see if there's a reaction, PPD can cause very delayed reactions. It would be almost impossible to get any chemical hair dye without PPD, especially in brown, unless you just mix semi-permanents (tub colors like Manic Panic) to get brown. Every box of dye on the shelf will have it, unless you're only bleaching there's PPD or a close chemical variant of PPD in all permanent synthetic dyes. Naturally, you can get shades of brown with henna, indigo, and buxus.

henna even black is really natrual and safe. if u r scared to die ur hair with black henna use regular u can find this in asian or araB SHOPS AND AREAS. HENNA COMED=S OUT RED THE LONGER U LEAVE IT ON FOR THE DARKER THE RED WILL BE. GOOD LUC:)