Erik asked in TravelSpainIslas Canarias · 8 years ago

What hotel should I stay in if I want to do Island hopping in Tenerife (Canary Islands)?

• Favorite Answer

Island hopping in the Canaries isn't that easy, they are pretty far apart and quite expensive to get to. From Tenerife, it is a half hour ferry ride from Los Cristianos to La Gomera. To Gran Canaria it will take you an hour in the fast catamaran but it goes from Santa Cruz, about a 40 minute drive from Los Cristianos. To get to Fuerteventura and Lanzarote it will take about 14 hours on the ferry and to La Palma and El Hierro about 8 hours so as I say, it's not a quick trip (the only ferry from Los Cristianos is the one to La Gomera, the rest go from Santa Cruz). You can of course fly to the other islands iwth prices starting around 80€ for a return trip so that's not a cheap option and the flights go from the north airporr rather than the south so that's about an hours drive from Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos. Edit your post with more info if you want any more questions answered.

Source(s): Live in Tenerife