Is being gay on a game haram for islams?

My friend is like gay on this game.

He pretends hes going out with a guy.

But he doesnt really like him he just does it for fun.

Is it haram?

I really wanna know if it is so i could tell him.

Hes not sure if its haram so he does it.

If it is haram he said he would stop so i just wanna know if it is or not.

And the game is a online game named roblox so its kinda weird.........

And the game is a online game so its kinda weird.........

Sorry the add additional details thing just glitched o_o

• Jafar
    Favorite Answer

Homosexuality is haram.

When something is haram, it is part of our duty to not condone/support its practice. By being gay in the game, your friend is supporting another person to be gay in the game, and he is implicitly saying that it is okay. The other person might not be gay also, but may become gay from the interaction in the game.

I play another game where there is alcohol and I refuse to drink it, and I tell people how bad alcohol is. Your friend doesn't need to talk against gays, but he should not support or promote the activity, even in a game, because it let' s people think that it is okay.

I base the above opinion (which is my personal opinion) upon the following. Please read it and think whether it applies to your situation.

Read this: http://www.islamqa.com/en/cat/2021

Greeting the kuffaar on Christmas and other religious holidays of theirs is haraam, by consensus, as Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah: "Congratulating the kuffaar on the rituals that belong only to them is haraam by consensus, as is congratulating them on their festivals and fasts by saying ‘A happy festival to you’ or ‘May you enjoy your festival,’ and so on. If the one who says this has been saved from kufr, it is still forbidden. It is like congratulating someone for prostrating to the cross, or even worse than that. It is as great a sin as congratulating someone for drinking wine, or murdering someone, or having illicit sexual relations, and so on. Many of those who have no respect for their religion fall into this error; they do not realize the offensiveness of their actions. Whoever congratulates a person for his disobedience or bid’ah or kufr exposes himself to the wrath and anger of Allah.

Comment: When you congratulate someone for Christmas, you are implicitly saying that it is ok to worship Jesus, while it is a terrible sin and you should be worried about the person's hereafter rather than congratulating them on their path which will lead them to hell. Similarly, if you congratulate someone for murder, you are supporting the terrible act. If you act gay in a game, you are promoting/supporting homosexuality.

And Allah knows best.

I honestly have no idea if it is forbidden or not in Islam as I am not islamic but I will say if it bothers you that much then you should just talk to him and tell him how you feel although it is his choice and not yours what he does. So just talk to him but if he decides not to listen to you then this is his thing and not yours to worry about. Best of luck hun.

It all depends on his preferences. Even if he's Islamic doesn't mean that he believes being gay is a sin.

Source(s): I have Islamic gay friends

I know more than one gay muslim. In fact, I dated one. Islam needs to catch up to modern times. It isn't the middle ages anymore.