promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Who sucks more: John Lackey or AJ Burnett?

Both suck. Both have nearly identical contracts. Both are complete @ssholes on the mound. Both had success before signing with the sox and yanks. So here's the question: who sucks more? I can't tell. I'm a sox fan and I hate lackey as a player, and for his attitude. And I love AJ because I'm a red sox fan.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Burnett is worse.

At least Lackey had a real reason, I heard his wife is sick so of course he'd be worried about her and that might have been affecting him. I can't think of any such excuse for Burnett.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Considering AJ Burnett and John Lackey combined are more likely to make more than the whole YA Baseball section, I say they don't suck at all. They are smart for getting some a solid season during contract years.

Truly they both have had Major League sucess, and currently, looking at numbers, I would rather have Burnett on my roster because he has eaten up innings and poster a lower ERA.

• TK
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I admire Lackey's perseverance. If he was a quitter, then you could bad mouth him legitimately. But he's a fighter and I believe he has been pitching better of late. He should be ready to go as the Red Sox number 3 starter in the playoffs and I expect him to give the Sox every chance to win every time he pitches.

Lackey is a veteran. If he takes care of his business, then the Sox should give him enough runs and defense for a win. Negative thinking never does any player any good. When Lackey is focused and mentally tough, he's a very good pitcher.

Let's play Game 3 tonight!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If Lackey is having an off year this year then explain what happened to him last year? Look his numbers at Fenway before joining the Red Sox were awful but yet the Red Sox still insisted on signing him. Well good for them because they deserve trash because that's all the Red Sox are is trash. They are perhaps the dirtiest team in baseball and have several arrogant and ignorant players on their roster. I think Lackey sucks more btw.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

AJ sucks alot more. I mean Lackey sucks and all, but he's usually not giving up 7-9 runs in 3 innings.

• 9 years ago

As a Yankee fan, I hate Burnett more. They maybe on the same "suckage" level, but at least Lackey has more wins.

• 9 years ago

A J is a head case a la Oliver Perez and is finished but Lackey can rebound.

• 9 years ago

AJ, he literaly brings nothing to the table. At least Lackey can pitch to the 5th inning, AJ's usually gone by the 3rd

• Fart
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

despite lackey having the higher era, i think burnett sucks more

• 9 years ago

I'm a Yankees fan and I vote Burnett all the way. You wanna trade them straight up?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.