Facebook: I am 12 weeks and craving twizzlers?

ok seriously, what does this mean,,,every female on my list says this...its gotta mean something

Best Answer

Raising awareness for what? If you say breast cancer I'll slap you. There is no one on this planet who isn't aware of breast cancer.

Ok, several things here:

1). To the woman that went through the miscarriage, I truly wish you all the best in recovering from your ordeal. Mental and Physical. My sister actually went through exactly what you are going through. She had a miscarriage, had to deliver the fetus, and she was VERY distraught for quite some time. BUT she has had a child since then and, although she is doing much better, it is something that will always be a memory that can not be taken away. But you do have to, in your own time, move on.

2). To everyone else: It is a GAME on a SOCIAL NETWORK. Whether it's for Breast Cancer Awareness, or just to confuse people....it's a game. Let the women of Facebook have their moment to see the clueless people react as if they were really pregnant. I too was confused. Especially after seeing a few people that I know had their tubes tied and their husband had a vasectomy. But, I noticed so many people putting up statuses that I knew it had to be some kind of joke. It does NOT mean they are silly women that have nothing better to do. A lot of these women are teachers, professionals, mothers, even some grandmothers. It means THEY HAVE A LIFE and they don't take every little thing as seriously as everyone seems to be. Enjoy life a little. Smile, laugh at the joke. If it is personally bothering you, simply remove that post from your feed. Or...ignore it. It isn't meant to offend or make personal attacks on anyone. People, in this world of technology that we live in, why is it so hard for people to remember that FB is just technology and not real life?

ok first off to the guy who thinks that breast cancer is a "woman's issue" should do research before he speaks because the "other half of the human race" can and do in fact get breast cancer. Second, to the lady the is delivering the still born, I am sorry for you loss. I understand that it's hard right now but I promise you will be able to smile and laugh again one day, I have been through it. Everyone else, seriously it's not that serious, and yes it does create awareness. The fact of the matter is that these little things get people talking about the issue that "everyone should know about". This was on CNN last year, and the early morning show among others. Just because woman and men know that breast cancer exists doesn't mean that they are doing anything about early detection and if one woman or man found a lump because they decided to do a self exam and won their fight than it was worth it. I'm sure that last year all the woman that had to have mastectomies were not mad because they couldn't post the color of their bra sizes because they lost their breasts in the fight to survive breast cancer. By the way those women won't be having babies either. That's what Chemo and Radiation does to your body. It's the insinuation that gets everyone talking.

Ok, after reading all of these Answers that were left on here I have to say two things.

First this is a silly game. If it helps to bring awareness to Breast Cancer I can't say, however, since I do know a few people who have not only battled it but beat it they enjoy this silly game.

Second to the ones complaining about the miscarriages and the still born. I am sorry for your lost. There are facebook pages relating to issues on these subjects. To be quite frank with the one who is having the still born I find it really weird that you are waiting for your body to go into labor and I am guessing you are in the hospital and yet you have the time and energy to not only get on facebook but also answers and blog page. Maybe you should take a few days to center your thoughts and feelings before unleashing things out into the world wide web.

t's that time of year again in support of Breast Cancer Awareness! We all remember last years game of writing your bra color as your status? Or the way we like to have our handbag handy?

Remember last year so many people took part that it made national news and the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we're doing this and helped raise awareness!

DO NOT tell any males what the status' mean, keep them guessing And please FORWARD this to all your female friends to see if we can make a bigger fuss this year than last year ;);)

I did my part...So now its YOUR turn!

The idea is to choose the month you were born and the day you were porn. Pass this on to the girls only and lets see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went round the world.

So you'll write... I'm (your birth month) weeks and I'm craving (your birth date) !!! as your status :p:p

Example: Feb 14th – I'm 2 weeks and craving chocolate mints!! ;);)

January – 1 week

February – 2 weeks

March – 3 weeks

April – 4 weeks

May – 6 weeks

June – 8 weeks

July – 10 weeks

August – 12 weeks

September – 13 weeks

October – 14 weeks

November – 16 weeks

December – 18 weeks

Days of The Months:

1- Skittles

2 – Starburst

3 – Kit-Kat

4 – M&M's

5 – Tomatoes

6 – Ice Cream

7 – Dairy milk

8 – Lollipop

9 - Peanut Butter Cups

10 - Meat Balls

11 - Twizzlers

12 - Buble Gum

13 - Hershey's Kisses

14 - Chocolate Mints

15 - Twix

16 - Cheese

17 - Fudge

18 - Cherry Jello

19 - Banana's

20 - Pickels

21 - Chicken Wings

22 - Skittles

23 - Gummy Bears

24 -Gummy Worms

25 - Strawberry Pop Tarts

26 - Starburst

27 - Mini Eggs

28 - Kit-Kat Chunkie

29 - Double Chocolate Chip Chrunchy Coo

I'm sorry, but how is saying I am 2 weeks and craving ice cream being pro-active in the fight against breast cancer? Maybe I just don't get it. Just wear a pink ribbon and take part in a 5K. And as for pregnancy, miscarriage is a very real thing. I can't believe some of the people posting here are so insensitive. Go through it yourself one time, then you will realize how significant the loss is. It's easy to point fingers and say that you can have another kid, but what about for those who can't? Don't judge others until you see it from another's perspective.

It appears to be another one of those things women put up in the status....

Copied this from another post...

pass this on to girls only and let's see how far it reaches round the last bra one went round all over london. So you'll write - Im ...weeks and I'm craving .....!!! in your status.

GOOD LUCK LADIES

Jan - 1week Feb - 2weeks March- 3weeks April- 4weeks May - 6weeks June- 8weeks July- 10weeks August- 12weeks September-13wee ks October -14weeks November-16 weeks December -18 weeks

AND IM CRAVING. Skittles -1 Starburst -2 Kit Kat -3 M&M's - 4 Galaxy -5 Crunchie -6 Dairy Milk - 7 Lollipop - 8 Randoms -

9 Malteasers-10 Twirl -11 Kinda Bueno-12 Boost-13 Dime- 14 Lion -15 Wispa - 16 Fudge-17 Freddo - 18 Milkyway -19 Milky bar -20 Creme egg - 21 Skittles - 22 Fruitellas - 23 Haribo -24 Fruit pastels - 25 Starburst -26 Mini eggs -27 Kit kat chunkie -28 Wines gums. -29 Smarties - 30 Snickers -31....marshmallows

Ok so for the gurls that have had to deal with the loss of a child, I know how it feels and ya it hurts but I carried my next one to term. It hurts but you can't sulk. And as far as the gettin mad about it, ask yourself if there has ever been anything you have posted that hasn't bothered someone else. Doubtful since no one can make everyone happy. Its somethin to get around and knowing that more then just me and my friends do it kind of gives me the reminder that there are more ppl put there then we know. Its meant to be fun so plz quit getting flustered! And if you are dissing the ppl that do it, just think, they are YOUR friends. Well now that everyone is aware, let's hope this doesn't have to keep being a sore subject every year!

How exactly does this bring attention to breast cancer when half the people reading the crap don't even know what it means. If you haven't heard about breast cancer by now it's time to move out from the rock your living under. Also...can someone tell me why breast cancer became so talked about. I mean why not liver cancer, skin cancer, throat cancer, etc. I mean yah obviously breast cancer is a big deal but I don't even think it the deadliest is it? don't know just assuming.

oh btw my point. It's facebook people... you can't let everthing people say have that big of an effect on you. If it's that big of a deal you shouldn't be on facebook. I read 50 things a day I disagree with, doesn't mean i need to make my point known about it. It's the beauty of this world...PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS....get over it.

This message was sponsered by the NRA...(quick everyone tell me how wrong it is to own a gun) and GREY GOOSE (what i'm going to hell for drinking) and your local abortion clinic (......I can only imagine....)

• As a breast cancer survivor who also has lost children (please note the plural), I am utterly stunned after reading all these posts!!!

There are two sides to this and both sides have the right to their feelings. For those that have, like me, lost children, it is a terrible tragedy that you will never forget but the trauma of those feelings will dissipate in time, if you let it. For those that have, like me, battled breast cancer (and continue to do so, as do I), keep up the fight ~ stay positive ~ stay strong.

If you cannot understand the concept of raising awareness to fight the disease, you have two choices: 1) try to become more aware (just because you know breast cancer exists does NOT mean you are "aware") ... or 2) continue to be uninformed.

Everyone has a right to their feelings ~ if you believe that, then you can allow BOTH sides to have those feelings.

Source(s): A survivor

1. How does it raise awareness if you are not supposed to say anything but "I am 12 weeks and craving twizzlers"?

2. I thought men could also get breast cancer, so how is not telling any men about it helpful.