Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 10 years ago

Switching from ADP to Paychex!! Did I make the right decision?!?

We currently have ADP Total-Source solutions, and have decided to switch over to ADP for MANY reasons, mainly due to the fact that thier customer service lacks in so many area's. Thier "mainframe" is always different than what we have on our side, and thier features just dont seem to be able to compare with Paychex new one-source solutions. Has anyone moved from ADP, and started with PAYCHEX? do you h ave any words of caution on Paychex? (not the old system...but thier new web based) we have approx 150 multi-state employee's...

Favorite Answer

Before I begin let me fully disclose that I work for a local independant payroll provider, not one of the large national providers so I am a competitor to ADP and Paychex (A&P). If A&P were the only choices I would recommend Paychex over ADP in most cases(see website attached). I ask my prospects though why they think their Paychex experience will be better than their ADP experience.

Some people believe that they are big so they must be good. In reality they are big because they are good at sales. There are many good payroll service options out there that give much better service than A&P. A & P have the exact same business model, they want to be all things to all people-Payroll, health insurance, HR, retirement etc etc. They grow through acquisition so consequently they often times are stovepiped in their service offerings and solutions are not as "integrated" as they would lead you to believe.

Paychex sales reps do your conversion (or so i have been told) so they usually cut corners to be expeditious. Some P reps are very good. Most are transitional. There is a pretty high turnover rate so ask how long your rep has been with P. This lack of attention to details in conversion can lead to accuracy issues down the road which translates to unnecesary time spent correcting errors which means a higher total cost of ownership.

Paychex reps refer to clients as Units. That should be fair warning that service may not be their top priority. Paychex usually has competitive pricing vs ADP but they play games like ADP with your pricing so watch your bills closely payroll to payroll.

To sum up I know many people who love Paychex. They love it because they were fortunate to get a great payroll specialist. I know many people who hate Paychex. You should definitely talk to a local PR firm. You may be very surprised at what they can offer. Even there be sure to get references. AT ALL COST.. stay away from the low cost providers. You will pay eventually.

No matter which firm you ultimately go with BEFORE YOU SIGN:

1. get to know exactly who in the pr agency you will be working with, who will be supporting you. IF the people have been with the PR firm the longer the better. It shows stability and experience.

2,. Ask for professional credentials from the APA (American Payroll Assn.) like FPC or CPP.

3. Make sure the systems are INTEGRATED not interfaced. There is a difference.

4. Look at the suite of products and make sure it make sense to your unique business.

I hope this helps.All PR firms make mistakes. How they handle the mistake is what seperates the good ones from the bad ones. I have attached a couple of websites you may want to review. The paychex site, although it has folks representing both sides, I think it comes across a bit bashing but I have heard many similar stories from people I work with (including former Paychex employees) so i would say it is probably not too far off. Best of luck.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

We currently have ADP Total-Source solutions, and have decided to switch over to ADP for MANY reasons, mainly due to the fact that thier customer service lacks in so many area's. Thier "mainframe" is always different than what we have on our side, and thier features just dont seem to...

Source(s): switching adp paychex decision: https://biturl.im/OVFkH

Paychex Vs Adp

No, epic fail. we just switched to Paychex and they effed up my 401k and are completely retarded at trying to fix it.