Question about hardwood floor installation?

Going to install hardwood in 2 rooms and a hallway in my house, totaling 500 Sq Ft. I am stuck between deciding what width wood to get, with 2.25" width costing 1/2 of what 4.75" width costs. My question is, is 4.75" width hardwood considerably less work to install than 2.25" width? In a... show more Going to install hardwood in 2 rooms and a hallway in my house, totaling 500 Sq Ft.

I am stuck between deciding what width wood to get, with 2.25" width costing 1/2 of what 4.75" width costs.

My question is, is 4.75" width hardwood considerably less work to install than 2.25" width? In a 15' wide room, it is 37 planks wide for 4.75" vs. 80 planks for 2.25"

Im not sold on the particular look of either yet. Id be just as happy with either width from that standpoint, but I am concerned that cutting and laying down twice as many solid hardwood boards is going to be twice the amount of work and take twice the time...
Update: Duke, when you say it will save "some" time, can yo be more specific. Will it save enough time to make it worth double the cost of the wood? Again, I am not concerned about the look of wide vs less wide with this question. I am only concerned with the specifics of comparing the ease of installation for each width. show more Duke, when you say it will save "some" time, can yo be more specific. Will it save enough time to make it worth double the cost of the wood? Again, I am not concerned about the look of wide vs less wide with this question. I am only concerned with the specifics of comparing the ease of installation for each width.