I VOTE
I VOTE asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Should Sodomy Be a Crime Like Rick Perry Wants it to be?

Lawrence v. Texas is a landmark United States Supreme Court case. In the 6-3 ruling, the Court struck down the sodomy law in Texas in 2003.

Sodomy is Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults.

The effect of Lawrence v. Texas was erasing laws throughout the United States that made it a crime to have anal and oral sex between 2 consenting adults acting in private. Both heterosexual and Gay.

At the time in 2003 Thirteen States had Laws on the Books Against Oral and Anal Sex for 2 consenting Adults.- Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, and Texas.

PERRY WAS A STRONG SUPPORTER OF TEXAS’S ANTI-SODOMY LAWS: Perry was a strong proponent of Texas’s anti-sodomy law that was struck down in 2003 by the Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas.

Calling the law “appropriate,” Perry dismissed the Court decision as the result of “nine oligarchs in robes.” Even after being struck down, Perry supported the Texas legislature’s refusal to remove the law from its books.

Do You Support Rick Perry saying Anal and Oral Sex between two consenting Adults Should be a Crime??????????

Favorite Answer

Not unless you intend to pry my **** out of her cold dead mouth.

Perry favors Congress being able to overturn any Supreme Court decision with a two thirds majority.

Essentially this allows the Constitution to be amended at any time by a a supermajority.

• Biba

Of course not. Why should the government have anything to say about what consenting adults do for their sexual pleasure.

No hummers in the Perry household I guess.

Sodomy is restricted to rape cases where anal penetration has taken place outside the USA. But here it can simply imply anal sex which will be impossible to control and I see nothing with it. Then you have the act between a dog or a horse that should be outlawed which is a form of sodomy.

Source(s): I looked up Sodomy so I know I am right. Just like many words it has more than 1 definition.
  • Greg

Of course not.

Anyone too stupid to see through that hypocrite Rick "the government should be just small enough to fit in your bedroom" Perry.... should be barred from voting.

• Murphy

No, it shouldn't. I don't think Perry would be a good GOP candidate because he would be destroyed by the Obama campaign machine. Ron Paul has my vote right now, either as a write-in or the GOP vote.

Nope.