Microsoft Excel - compatibility between Microsoft and Apple computers?

I have certain Excel files that I use with several coworkers. The files contain macros. Until now, all employees have Windows-based PCs, and the files with macros work fine. But now I have someone new who is coming in with a Mac. I figure to get my files to work on her computer, I would need Microsoft Office... show more I have certain Excel files that I use with several coworkers. The files contain macros. Until now, all employees have Windows-based PCs, and the files with macros work fine.

But now I have someone new who is coming in with a Mac. I figure to get my files to work on her computer, I would need Microsoft Office for Mac installed on it. Well, how compatible is it between the two platforms? Would the macros still work?

I just don't want to tell her to buy Office for Mac ($$$) and then find out it doesn't work with my files.

Thanks!