? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Thai style crispy rice lettuce wrap recipe?

I was wondering if anyone had the recipe for this dish because I used to work at this Thai restaurant and had this awesome dish that me and my whole family loved when i worked there and now they are out of business and there isn't a way to get the recipe so i will post what the description of what the dish was on the original menu from the archives online. Please help me, i would love to make this to eat again.

* Crispy Rice

a scrumptious and unique taste, a combination of crunchy rice, ginger, and spices, seasoned with lemon grass, red onion, green onion, and cilantro with your choice of tofu or chicken. Served with a plate of lettuce and herbs for lettuce wraps

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Pf Chang's Chicken-Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:

MARINADE

1 teaspoon cornstarch

2 teaspoons sherry wine or 2 teaspoons red wine

2 teaspoons water

2 teaspoons soy sauce

FILLING INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small

5 tablespoons vegetable oil or 5 tablespoons peanut oil

1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon grated ginger

2 teaspoons garlic, minced

1/2 cup green onion, minced

1 cup shiitake mushroom, minced

1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, minced

1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced

1 (6 ounce) package chinese cellophane noodles, cooked to pkg. directions

COOKING SAUCE

1 tablespoon hoisin sauce

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon red wine

2 tablespoons oyster sauce

2 tablespoons water

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 teaspoon sugar

2 teaspoons cornstarch

lettuce leaf, washed and taken off the head but left whole

Directions:

Mix all ingredients for "cooking sauce" and set aside.

In medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Add chicken and stir to coat thoroughly. Stir in 1 t. oil and let sit for 15 minutes.

Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 T. oil, then add chicken and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.

Add 2 T. oil to the pan. Add ginger, garlic, and onion and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and wter chestnutsl stir-fry an additional 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan. Add mixed cooking sauce to the pan. Cook until thickened and hot. Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces and cover bottom of serving dish with them. THen pour chicken mixture on top of noodles. Serve along side lettuce leaves for everyone to take what they want, and then spoon into lettuce leaf and roll (like a burrito) individually themselves.

http://www.food.com/recipe/pf-changs-chicken-lettu...

Source(s): PP
  • 5 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipe Cookbook : http://paleocookbook.raiwi.com/?mfRx
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Ingredients: 1 head iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves (whichever you prefer) Sauce: 1 tablespoon soy sauce 2 tablespoons oyster sauce 1 tablespoon dry sherry 1 teaspoon sugar Remaining Ingredients: 1 tablespoon sesame oil 1 slice ginger, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 2 green onions, chopped 1 lb meat from chicken breasts or sliced white chicken meat 1 red pepper, seeded and diced 1 can water chestnuts, rinsed in warm running water and chopped 1 stalk celery, diced 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water Preparation: Wash the lettuce, dry, and separate the leaves. Set aside. Mix together the sauce ingredients. Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions and fry until the garlic and ginger are aromatic. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the red pepper, water chestnuts, and celery to the frying pan. Add the sauce ingredients and cook at medium heat, Give the cornstarch/water mixture a quick restir and add to the sauce, stirring to thicken. Add the chicken back into the wok. Cook for 2 - 3 more minutes, stirring, to heat through and finish cooking the chicken. Lay out a lettuce leaf and spoon a heaping teaspoon of the chicken and vegetable/sauce mixture into the middle. The lettuce wraps are designed to be eaten "taco-style," with the lettuce/chicken mixture folded into a package. Continue with the remainder of the chicken and lettuce leaves. Serve

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.