How to fix error 0x80004005: Unspecified error (On windows 7)?

It has been happening in the past few months since i have been using AVG Antivirus Free Edition, I have been trying to rename music file (album, title etc...) but every time i try it comes up with this error, I am computer literate so if anyone could help me fix this it would be muchly appreciated.

I am the only account holder on this laptop, as the admin, I have tried all three suggestions and nothing seems to have worked, I have also used AVG PC TuneUp 2011 which stopped some services, may that be a reason too?

Favorite Answer

Trying to rename a folder in Windows 7, getting Error 0x80004005

That means "permission denied", so whoever was renaming the folder didn't have the permissions to do so. You would need to become "owner" or otherwise have such permissions. You can look at the properties of the directory to determine the owner and the security restrictions on it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/w...

Would have to agree, AVG could also be causing this

I get this error trying to copy a very large critical file from my old laptop to this brand new one. I do not have AVG installed, is still virtually a clean machine. I've tried some of the fixes and none work.

Error 0x80004005

To fix the error code “0×80004005″, first make sure that you are on the administrative account. You should try resolving the issue by performing upgrade repair of Windows XP installation by booting the system from Windows XP CD. If you are not capable to resolve the issue, then you need to re install the Windows XP operating system.

The quickest way to fix this is to do a system restore to an earlier point, or uninstall and reinstall AVG. When I installed AVG, I got bluescreens almost daily, but after reinstalling it, everything was fine and back to normal again.

As a measure of last resort, try reinstalling the entire OS.

Then download the music file you are trying to rename.

You should then be able to rename it.

Ha ha ha... this problem comes from a BIOS settings. Options verient on different band, Find "IDE Configuration" & select "Compatble" / "IDE" mode. Then save BIOS settings & restart. Done.

firstly something is messing up your system

and as you have mentioned you have

installed AVG that could be the problem

remove AVG ,,,and as you need an anti-virus

try avast6 free http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

i use this and as yet has not caused any conflicts

where as AVG did

SAVE BIOS SETTING-RESTART

• laxson

0x80004005