Will court supervision (not probation) prevent someone from legally obtaining a U.S. passport?

Person in question wants to apply for a U.S. passport immediately and leave the country for Europe. He is not on probation, but he's currently on court supervision for alcohol abuse. He has to wear an ankle bracelet (with GPS?) and, I assume, is not allowed leave the state, let alone the country. ... show more Person in question wants to apply for a U.S. passport immediately and leave the country for Europe. He is not on probation, but he's currently on court supervision for alcohol abuse. He has to wear an ankle bracelet (with GPS?) and, I assume, is not allowed leave the state, let alone the country. Additionally, he has a few pending misdemeanor cases and is out on bond.

This person does not have a drugs or sex crimes conviction, has never been sentenced to state prison, and does not have any state or federal convictions or charges. His arrests and convictions have all been related to drug and alcohol abuse as well as domestic battery. He has served time in county jails.

Will his criminal background prevent him from receiving a U.S. passport? I assume the passport office runs criminal background checks and will see he is not supposed to leave the state in which he resides?
Update: Uncle -- He does NOT have a conviction for drugs.
Update 2: Joe Bilton -- Thanks. I have read the statutes, but it wasn't 100% clear to me if a "court order" means ANY court order -- or just an orders from a judge at the state or federal level. Again, he is on court supervision by order of a county circuit court judge.