How can i cancel humana one dental insurance?

I signed up for humana one dental 4 months ago due to being laid off my previous employer. I am now employed through another company that offers free dental insurance. I want to cancel my plan with humana one dental. They said they can't because apparently when i signed up the first time around "I signed a contract" with them. a contract that lasts a whole year. i do not need humana one, im just shelling out money for nothing. i dont even need dental now or before. it was just a just incase option if something happens. i just goggled humana one dental and i found some sites that stated they are a scam company that doesnt cover anything. what if i dont pay for it? i heard they can send it to collections and i have to deal with them. anyone came accross this situation wanting to cancel and supposedly cant due to contract reasons. I dont rememeber signging up or getting paperwork stating its a year contract.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

READ the contract. It tells you.

• Doug5 years agoReport

Humana makes it very very difficult to cancel, so just send of letter or create a user account on their website send an email to Mr. Bruce Broussard, CEO Humana, 500 West Main St, Louiseville Ky 40202. Also cc your state's department of Insurance.

• Login to reply the answers
  • clyne
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Humana Dental Insurance

• 3 years ago

Humana One Dental

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can i cancel humana one dental insurance?

I signed up for humana one dental 4 months ago due to being laid off my previous employer. I am now employed through another company that offers free dental insurance. I want to cancel my plan with humana one dental. They said they can't because apparently when i signed up the first time around...

Source(s): cancel humana dental insurance: https://shortly.im/HDmFK
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Our insurance agent convinced us to sign up with Humana Dental. No dentist in our area will accept Humana Dental Insurance. We had to jump through some hoops, but they did let us cancel the policy. I think only because we canceled before the first month. We do have to pay $89 to cancel and we were just signed up for it 2 days ago.

• 6 years ago

Yes. You can now. I know this was from a year ago, but I want to help anyone else that looks to cancel with Humana. Email: cbbenongroup@humana.com his is their billing department. Send them a copy of your NEW INSURANCE. Because of Obamacare they CANNOT keep charging you when you are covered through another company. Say in the subject line "Termination of Insurance, Proof of Alternate Coverage."

• 6 years ago

I signed up for Humana but decided to cancel. I didn't find what I thought I had and I have another option.

Reba D Jordan Member ID: H58178932

• 9 years ago

Call the broker you bought it from. If they're being honest with you then you can cancel it. Or just call Humana directly. Perhaps the broker/agent doesn't want to lose out on the $2 they're getting paid. I know of no contract for Humana.

• 6 years ago

I am in a similar situation our policy went into effect dec 2013 and it covers NOTHING that I need. I called and requested to CX and was ok with paying a fee for early CX, they do not have anything of the sort, they advised I needed to "write" to them advising why I needed to cancel. I called to sign up with another dental program that advised they will not ensure me while I have another in my name. Really? I will write Humana and request to CX my policy in hopes they will honor my wishes. Then again I live in the real world and I doubt that will happen, I cant even Just "not pay" they are taking their payments by allotment. Not sure what step to take next, I was so sure there was NO Contract,,ugh

• Maya6 years agoReport

Look at my comment below. You can cancel your policy. Use this email address: cbbenongroup@humana.com that's their billing department.

• Tom Z
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

"apparently when i signed up the first time around "I signed a contract" with them. a contract that lasts a whole year"

The fact that you don't remember signing up or getting paperwork does not change the facts. At this point you can ask them to send you a copy of the contract. Review it to see what you agreed to when you bought the coverage. If you ignore this your credit rating will take a "ding"because you can be sure they will enforce the terms of the contract you signed so be smart and pay what is owed.

Chalk it up as tuition in the "School of Hard Knocks". The next time you will probably read what you are signing.

Source(s): ...
  • 4 years ago

I will try to explain or cancel my dental plannnnnnn.in Spanish.

Tengo otro proveedor de servicios Dentales y deseo cancelar o desprenderme de los servicios nunca usados

de Humana.y no hay forma de que me cancelen el servicio me transfieren a diferentes numeros y departartamentos y no es efectiva la cancelacion o suspension del servicio mi ultima alternativa va hacer notificar al banco con STOP Payments

Me dieron un

email que no existe www.cbbenongroup.com

para cancelar,y no hay otra opcion que suspender con STOP payment

Felicitaciones muy efectivos..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.