Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

What if the only talking money is their only rap game?

Please go murder yourself. That is to all mainstream and underground. And to the fans- why do you idolize someone just because they have money? Does that mean they have rap skills? When people say the hate a piticular aritist it is usually fallowed by a reason. 99% of the people that hate a main stream aritist or even underground artist just do not care to hear people rap about money, especially when the artist raps about a series of my ignorent things. Don't deffend them unless you have a better reason then "Jealose of their money."

Rap came from hip hop.

"Hip-Hop

A culture and form of ground breaking music and self expression with elements that consisted of the elements of graffiti art, DJing, MCing, and breaking. Today Hip-Hop is considered to be dead in the mainstream because so-called mainstream Hip-Hop doesn't have the elements of hip-hop and have no meaning.

The stuff on MTV and the radio can't be called Hip-Hop because the lyrics don't have any meaning or self expression. Wack artists today just rap about their shopping lists and other bullshit. There are no more DJs making a prescence since artists today think they can manage without them. Without a DJ there are no scratches and cuts. No much graffiti art is being shown in videos. Artists such as 50 Cent, Nelly, Chingy, J-Kwon, P. Diddy, Cash Money Millionaries lack the 4 elements since their lyrics are ridiculous (no MCing skills), they don't have any DJ presence in their tracks (notice that so-called hip-hop today lacks scratches and cuts), and not much graffiti art is being expressed.

The point of this defintion is to show that MTV/Radio mainstream Bling Rappers should be categorized as Hip-Pop artists, not Hip-Hop artists.

Hip-Hop Music is: Run DMC, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Gang Starr, Wu-Tang Clan, Pharcyde, Hieroglyphics, Aceyalone, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Public Enemy, Common, Mobb Deep, Nas, Rakim, and many more old school and underground acts.

Hip-Pop Music is: P. Diddy, Ja Rule, Nelly, 50 Cent, G-Unit, Cash Money Millionaries, and other mainstream money making oriented acts.

1798 368

Hip-Hop

"Hip means to know

It's a form of intelligence

To be hip is to be up-date and relevant

Hop is a form of movement

You can't just observe a hop

You got to hop up and do it

Hip and Hop is more than music

Hip is the knowledge

Hop is the movement

Hip and Hop is intelligent movement

Or relevant movement

We selling the music."

KRS-One

Hip-Hop: Eazy-E, Big L, Big Pun, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G, Nas, Eric B. & Rakim, N.W.A., Public Enemy, EPMD, Gang Starr, Guru, Grand Puba, Brand Nubian, Group Home, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Naughty By Nature, De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Mic Geronimo, MC Ren, Ice Cube, Ice T, The Roots, Run-D.M.C., Wu-Tang Clan, Gravediggaz, Mobb Deep, Cypress Hill, A Lighter Shade Of Brown, Delinquent Habits, Warren G, Zion I, MF Doom, MF Grimm, Souls Of Mischief, The Pharcyde, AZ, Big Daddy Kane, Grand Daddy I.U., Canibus, Immortal Technique, R.A. The Rugged Man, LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, DMX, Dr. Dre, Slaughterhouse, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Organized Konfusion, Kurious, Onyx, Black Star, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Camp Lo, Brotha Lynch Hung, Boogiemonsters, Masta Ace Inc., People Under The Stairs, Above The Law, Compton's Most Wanted, Redman, Nice & Smooth, Lords Of The Underground, Digital Underground, Dead Prez, One Be Lo, Murs, Kam, The D.O.C., Kool G Rap, Kool Moe Dee, Too Short, The Sound Providers, Digable Planets, Crooklyn Dodgers, Slick Rick, Jedi Mind Tricks, Goodie Mob, Field Mob, Sway & King Tech, Mad Skillz, UGK, The Fugees, Pastor Troy, Scarface, Freddie Foxxx, Andre Nickatina, and Ed O.G. & Da Bulldogs.

804 261

hip-hop

The expression of the relationship between urban youth and their environment. The art of the streets.

Graffiti. DJing. MCing. B-Boying. B-Girling. Break dancing. Poetry. Tattoos. Rhythm. Blues.

468 268

hip-hop

hip-hop artists/emcees:common, the roots, aceyalone, talib, mos def, gangstarr, heiroglyphics, rjd2. etc...

it would be totally ignorant for me to say what hip-hop is. hip-hop is what it means to you. basically, theres no definite definition of hip-hop. saying that my definition of hip-hop is right is totally bias, although i do have a opinion of what hip-hop means to ME. hip-hop is the love of the music. the culture, the passion, freedom of expression,emcees... not to be mistakened for rappers...

Ex. hip-POP rappers: lil flip, nelly, j-kwon, 50 cent, ja rule, jay-z. etc...

to me hip-hop is dying, or possibly is already dead... hip-hop is basically dead.these crap rappers are intoxicating the meaning of "hip-hop"

im not making a double-standard. thats just my opinion of what hip-hop is or is not. money, cars, clothes, hoes, bling bling, is not what hip-hop is to me." -The Urban Dictionary

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yo i here you man, but your one of those idiots who think hip hop is dead. If you haven't noticed hip hop is all around you, such as b-boys, graffiti i mean graffiti that express people not the gang graffiti, you got underground artists for hip hop, you still got common, dr. dre, and others man. so stop thinking that hip hop is dying or is dead already and wake up and see that hip hop culture is still happenin all around you but under the scenes of mainstream. You still will have great emcees, rappers, b-boys, and all that ****. So stop thinking idioticly and teach the young ones what hip hop is about.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

To the dumb black trick that dude was talking about how stupid rappers ruined hip hop. Most of it is from the Urban dictionary. I bet your just another Birdman Young money fan who listens to the radio and likes whatever comes on. Your probably don't know really music like NAS and hip-hop back when it was about love and telling stories.

• Alexey
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

tl;dr I agree with some parts of what's said here but I didn't read the whole thing lol. Also hip hop ain't dead, dope albums are still coming out.

• 9 years ago

Did you seriously take time out of your life to ***** about Hip-hop on Yahoo Answers ?! Really, do want a cookie for that ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

"Hip hop is dead" and every rapper like Lil' Wayne is sh/tting on it's grave.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.