Radeon 6970 best manufacturer?

As the title says what manufacturer for the Radeon 6970 would be best?(preferably something already overclocked without hurting the product).

In case you were wondering this is my computer setup.

Corsair HX Professional Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 3.3GHz 6 MB Cache Socket

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking Universal CPU Cooler

Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws - Memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB

windows 7 ultimate(64bit)

LG 27 inch monitor(LED)

"You're going with Intel but then Radeon? why? why don't you get a real video card like a Geforce?" Im going with a radeon because i cant afford a higher priced card(geforce) and anything around the price range of the 6970 preforms just about the same.But thank you for the info.

(they have a liquid cooled Geforce GTX590 thats just ..... ridiculous.) Holy crap haha that is insane! Yeah my current card gtx 460 is by evga and haven't had any problems so ill go with them for sure.

Favorite Answer

You're going with Intel but then Radeon? why? why don't you get a real video card like a Geforce?

Anyways, to answer your question... EVGA MSi and ASUS are usually good bets. BFG was amazing but they went out of business.

EDIT: Ok, well I should add... I'm partial to EVGA because they are one of the only motherboard manufacturers to make a motherboard with true 16x/16x/16x SLI/xFire, where as most scale down to 16x/8x/8x or something... so its like they are really good with architecture. My video card is MSi, but EVGA would have been my next pick, they make some monsters cards (they have a liquid cooled Geforce GTX590 thats just ..... ridiculous.)

EDIT: "

Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you that Radeons are crap cards, not like the 'real' video card like a Geforce. That's a load of shite and anyone who knows anything about computers and hasn't got a fanboy hat on will tell you that."

Wrong, buddy. I've used Radeon for years and years and I'm sick and tired of them. I've talked to Radeon fanboys taht admit they ahve huge disadvantages and fall behind GeForce by leaps and bounds in scaling (except in Crossfire.) especially in the past few generations. Probably the only advantage Radeon has on any actual grounds is in their Dual GPU on one card set up. Radeons are not "fine cards", so get off your high horse and try learning a bit about PCs. Maybe the new Radeon (7000 or whatever) will fix a lot of the issues they have, but until they get their crap *** drivers fixed, and maybe catch up to GeForce in scaling, you can't even compare the two in the high end market. Quoting websites with abstract numbers in artificial benchmarks is also meaningless for either company. Any "real" pc enthusiast knows this. Thank you, and good day.

Summary: Radeon is for poor people. (no offense question asker.)

Source(s): Building PCs for 15+ years

Build quality will differ among the various brands who manufacture video cards. From brand to brand, performance should be the same if the model is the same and it's not factory overclocked but build quality will differ.

I have the Sapphire 6970 in my machine and it runs like a champion. Sapphire is one of the better brands. Just as good in terms of quality are EVGA, ASUS and Gigabyte.

But the champion brand of all is XFX. They have the best quality products and their warranty reflects that. They offer a double lifetime warranty so even if you sell the card, the new owner gets a lifetime warranty too. Hard to beat that kind of confidence in a product.

Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you that Radeons are crap cards, not like the 'real' video card like a Geforce. That's a load of shite and anyone who knows anything about computers and hasn't got a fanboy hat on will tell you that.

Very good build by the way. The only thing i would say about it is that unless you're planning on using the computer for business networking or you have a need to change the language of the operating system on a regular basis, you don't need Windows 7 Ultimate. Home Premium will do.

In the two situations, you ought to use different enjoying cards mutually, with different consequences. For AMD, any 2 enjoying cards from the comparable sequence, Eg - HD69xx, HD68xx, HD58xx, HD57xx would nicely be run in crossfire to generate a unmarried output. in case you utilize 2 enjoying cards from different sequence, you are able to not run them in crossfire, yet can use the 2d card for GPU based purposes. For Nvidia, you will desire to have 2 same enjoying cards to run them in SLI. Eg - a GTX460 1GB can in basic terms be SLI'd with yet another GTX460 1GB. It dosent even artwork with a GTX460 SE or GTX460 768MB. whether, you ought to use 2 different enjoying cards mutually. Nvidia drivers enable using a 2d card to improve up physics calculations in purposes.

XFX. Lifetime warranty.

MSI for some crazy overclocking.

ur a very smart shopper. HIS, Sappire, ASUS, and GIGABYTe make some excellent cards. happy shopping.