What is the fastest animal in the world?

Favorite Answer

Cheetahs are the fastest animal on land but the Peregrine Falcons are faster than them. Peregrine Falcons can fly at a velocity of 270 km/hour and can rise up to 350 km/hour at 45 degree angle while Cheetahs can only run with a speed of 100 km per hour

All great answers. But the animal kingdom includes all eukaryotes. I would contend that the fastest of them all is actually a snail. Yes, a SNAIL! The cone snail fires a tooth that harpoons fish and poisons them with the speed of a gun. The question did not say in what way, such as running, swimming, flying. Most of us automatically think of animals as mammals, and therefore running. I remember watching a show on Animal Planet called "The Most Extreme" and on this particular episode, the cone snail was #1 for the fastest animal. Semantics? Yes, but I just wanted to put something different down than everyone else.

I think it may be the cheetah, the only reason so because they made a ride out of it in Busch Gardens and it's pretty fast, around 66 miles per hour.

The Cheetah! 70 miles per hour!

A Human can go 25 miles per hour. Well really fast ones. Ha ha. The greyhound, can go about 40 miles per hour, racehorses have been timed at 50 miles per hour, and antelopes can go close to 60 miles per hour

Do mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=At1q8...

Humans, by way of machines

Otherwise falcons