.
. asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 10 years ago

Poets, would you read the write I've writ?

Poetry is music to some, boring to others, loved and hated; it is utterly subjective, and therefore, people will form their own opinions regarding it. Whether they embrace it or reject it, write it or only read it, no one has the right to say they are wrong.

Dave, for instance, has written poems I didn't particulary like, but as I told Peter, Dave has the ability to leave a lasting image in my mind. Oftentimes, they are not pretty images but the fact they remain in my head reveals his power as a poet.

Nancy is quite often an undisciplined writer (said the pot to the kettle); her poems may begin strong and then start to meander. Her swirling and twirling and carefree writing is what first intrigued me and made me want to read more, made me want to know her. I don't like all of her poems, but she wrote one that was breath-taking and will always be one of my favorites. I love her as a person, poet and friend, and I pray her book(s) is blessed with greatest success.

To whom much is given, much is required. I believe if you own the gift of great intellect, you are required to use it in a positive way, to help others, to teach others, to make positive contributions. The truth is we all have a limited amount of time to do something with our lives and with the gifts we are given.

I have twice gone to bed and awakened in a hospital room. It is a sobering experience when everything seems so perfectly normal, and the unexpected occurs. But illnesses or accidents visit everyday, and lives are lost or greatly altered. One stroke, one Traumatic Brain Injury, one Second can take every gift each of us has, and what we've done up to that second will be our true legacy.

I love you all, the good, the beautiful, the bad, the ugly, the greatly talented and the lessor talented. You have given me great pleasure and gave me something to which I could cling during the dark and frightening hours of my life. Thank you all and God bless you greatly. (You, too, Ian - and I know you read everything I write. lol)

BG has left the building...

Cheesy, he has hurt people I love and hurt me in doing so. I never wanted to hurt anyone but it seems I have. I am sorry for that.

Dave, I have concluded my friendship with Peter. I emailed him asking him to stop what he was doing, but he didn't. He spoke of 'Truth'.However, when the topic is SUBJECTIVE, as I pointed out, there is no truth or right or wrong; people have opinions that vary or change or to which they cling BUT their opinions are not true for ALL or for all TIME. If he wanted to include my name into it, he had a responsibility to speak first with me, but he didn't.

Favorite Answer

So, you're leaving because you can't just face the fact that Peter has hurt everyone here on some level, mostly through lying and unwarranted attacks, and you don't want to come out and say that you speak with him on the phone and consider him a friend and are probably afraid to tell him to piss off??

Some friend you have there.

Wake up and smell the truth.

Kathy

Peter has effectively drawn a line and put me on the far side, I never claimed to be anything great, I never wanted great recognition, I want my book to succeed because I need to feel empowered,

Sickness and hospitalization does not give any one the right to say things that they cannot take back or may regret, for 3 years I learned things and told things to him and he has taken my words, your words and anyone elses words to destroy friendships and hurt,

If I said I was not hurt I would be lying, you do not invest that much time and caring into a person standing up and by them to see them throw you in the trash

it was a very sad day yesterday and I would like to erase it from my memory

sadly I cannot, I will not apologize for my short phone call to him yesterday I meant it with all of my heart

You see here a long list of people who he has betrayed? you will be one of us at some point

I do not expect he will apologize as he is a stubborn and arrogant piece of work.

over and out

Nancy has left also

Oh My God, You have been so missed, by me at least, and I have kept you in every prayer, not only as my second sister, but as a friend, adviser.

You remain there in my heart, You are a most special one, and, this is both sad and hopeful.

It doesn't take a genius to see what you are trying to do, here. It's only a matter of time, though, I'm afraid. Eventually, your buddy will turn around and sink his fangs into you. And where will you be then?

• ruthie

I read what you writ,

and find you have wit,

humor, talent and get

ready to create Sit-

Com's to split

your energy kit.

I guess I have missed another war....can I have an Amen

Make wahaay while the sun shines, BG. ;¬)