asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 years ago

Goodbye in Cantonese?

I was at a Chinese restaurant, and one of the waiters waved and said something like "zoi kin" or "cho kin" while I was walking out. I couldn't really hear him, but I assumed it meant "goodbye" in Canto, so I replied with "Zai Jian" because he told me that he spoke both Mandarin & Canto.

Was my assumption correct? I hope I didn't look like a total idiot. D:

How do you say "goodbye" in Canto? Does it sound at least similar to what I thought he said?

Favorite Answer

Yes! You are correct! It is pronounced kind of like "joi kin" or "joi gin". Sorry, I don't know the "pin yin" for Cantonese, I only know how to speak it.

Goodbye In Cantonese

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Goodbye in Cantonese?

I was at a Chinese restaurant, and one of the waiters waved and said something like "zoi kin" or "cho kin" while I was walking out. I couldn't really hear him, but I assumed it meant "goodbye" in Canto, so I replied with "Zai Jian" because he told me that...

Source(s): goodbye cantonese: https://biturl.im/ie2YW
  • Wilson

you are correct. zoi kin or cho kin is the cantonese pronounciation of zai jian in mandarin

Aloha

the simplest way ---> byebye

swear that every cantonese will understang!

Its actually "comiat"

Source(s): Cantonese Pro :D