Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

WTF IS GOING ON? 2012 or is God coming back?

OK. I live in North Carolina, first tornadoes happen in april then an earthquake, hurricane, an then another tornado happened just 30 minutes ago. People are saying 2012 is happening, is this true? Idk what to believe. I mean why is it only happening here, 3 different natural disasters have happened in less than a week.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just coincidence.

• 2012 •

One of several Mayan calendars is the Long Count calendar, which is reset to day 0 every 1,872,000 days or about 5125 years. The next reset date, by some calculations, is December 21, 2012. This is not a prediction of the end of the world. Here is what a Mayan elder says on the subject: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howabou...

These predictions are scare tactics, conspiracy theories, and chances to make money from books and movies.

Ever since the Y2K and 6/6/6 (June 6, 2006) End of the World scenarios did not pan out, the scare mongers, conspiracy theorists, book sellers, and television executives have been touting the 2012 End of the World scenario. When 2012 does not happen either, I am sure they will think of something else.

Here is also what NASA thinks about the 2012 End of the World scenario: http://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/StarFAQ18.htm#q3...

If you want a bit more information on the 2012 hoax, try: http://www.2012hoax.org/

• The End of the World •

"But of that day or hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when the time will come." (Mark 13:32-33)

Jesus told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to know when the end of the world would come but that we were always to be ready.

The early Christian Church thought that Jesus was going to return at any moment. Only after a couple of centuries did the Church realize that it may be 2,000 or 4,000 or 8,000 years before Jesus returns.

The Catholic Church wisely follows Jesus' advice and teaches that each of us should live as if we will meet our maker in the next ten minutes and that we need to work to make the world a better place for our 100 X great-grandchildren.

Do not worry about the end of the world. Trust God to make sure everything happens to plan. Just be ready to meet God at any time.

For more information, about what Catholics believe about the end of the world, see: http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0...

With love in Christ.

• knipp
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

what's occurring? no longer something extremely. * The booms - no longer something yet YouTube hoaxes. * Earthquakes - there are 1000's of earthquakes every day all around the Earth, even the place you reside. maximum are too vulnerable to be felt whether you're status on acceptable of them yet they're there. * Birds falling from the sky - very bizarre and that i individually do no longer totally have confidence the stable clarification approximately this. * Dolphins & whales - what are you conversing approximately? I observed a whale off the shore of San Francisco some weeks in the past. * Early twister season - tornadoes take place whilst the climatic situations are superb. With the unseasonably heat climate we've had this iciness, this could not be a marvel. This additionally isn't the 1st time this has took place the two... we are in what's accepted as a l. a. Nina, which happens each 10 years or so. take a glance at twister interest from 10 years in the past, and 10 years in the previous that and you will see comparable varieties of actually vast storms wiping out an occasional city. fortuitously technologies has gotten extra beneficial at predicting those issues, so the death fee hasn't been so undesirable this year...knock on timber. historic civilization's monuments - at an identical time as there are nevertheless unexplained factors approximately HOW those historic peoples controlled to flow lots of rock with no longer something yet rope and timber, we DO be conscious of approximately their point of math and engineering with the aid of a number of the writings they have left at the back of. after all, do you particularly think of Pythagoras replaced into the 1st human to attraction to a three-sided determine? Or to come to a decision relationships between the lengths of their facets? Yeah, i be conscious of there are numerous human beings - maximum have written books - approximately how all those issues are linked. How historic extraterrestrial beings are working with hidden golf equipment of people in deep underground caverns to regulate the way forward for humanity. yet actual? i do no longer purchase any of it. you're interior the militia. you be conscious of first hand how undesirable human beings are at preserving secrets and methods. there is not any way some secret employer it is centuries of years previous would have remained secret. the only conspiracy right it is the single that those individuals are making use of to sell extra books.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, Accepting the Mayan 2012 prophecy logically requires acceptance of the following theories: our sun is a god; the sun is powered by the blood of human sacrifice; the creation moment occurred at 3114 B.C. (despite all evidence that it happened much earlier); and the visual alignment of stars has some significance for everyday human life. Like every other false religion, the Mayan religion sought to elevate to the point of worship that which was created in place of the Creator Himself. The Bible tells us about such false worshipers: “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator” (Romans 1:25), and “since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – His eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Romans 1:20). To accept the Mayan 2012 prophecy also denies the clear biblical teaching about the end of the world, because Jesus told us “…of that day and hour no one knows, no, not the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, but the Father” (Mark 13:32).

http://www.gotquestions.org/2012-Mayan-prophecy.ht...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Something probably will happen, but we have no idea what will. After all, how can all those civilizations predict something happening on the same date? This isn't really a god thing. We have no idea how the Mayans made such incredibly precise stones, and such a calendar.

Until we can understand the past, we will never, and I say NEVER understand what might be to come.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

how can 2012 happen when its 2011. And Nobody knows when Jesus (not God) is coming back.. People are just over reacting to mother nature

• 9 years ago

Read Matthew chapter 24 and the Book of Revelation, and decide for yourself whether what's happening now lines up with Biblical prophecy. I personally believe it does.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

God never left, he is here.

And these minor events are NOT a harbinger of the world's end and in 2013 some quackpot will come up with another doomsday date so relax.

You are NOT going to know the time or date, no one knows, the Bible says that.

anyone that thinks they know have some sort of an angle, they want something from you.

dont fall for it.

• 9 years ago

I blame global warming, but some people exaggerate also. 2012 is a myth, and these events are very unpredictable, and so, no, I do not blame 2012.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

2012 is coming. But so is 2013, so don't get too worried.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Naw just God showing us what happens as we keep pushing away His protective hand

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.