a asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 8 years ago

What fund should i choose for my 401K plan at work. I am putting 4% and my company is matching 4%.?

Invesco Stable Asset Fund - Class ADP85

PIMCO Total Return Fund - Class A

AllianceBernstein Global Bond Fund - Class A

T. Rowe Price Retirement Income Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2010 Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2020 Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2030 Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2040 Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2050 Fund - Class R

BlackRock Global Allocation Fund, Inc. - Investor A Class

Janus Balanced Fund - Class S

BlackRock Equity Dividend Fund - Investor A Class

Oppenheimer Rising Dividends Fund - Class A

SSgA S&P 500 Index Fund

Prudential Jennison 20/20 Focus Fund - Class A

BlackRock Mid Cap Value Opportunities Fund - Investor A Class

Delafield Fund, Inc

SSgA S&P MidCap Index Fund

Nuveen Mid Cap Growth Opportunities Fund - Class A

Invesco Van Kampen Small Cap Value Fund - Class A

Neuberger Berman Genesis Fund - Advisor Class

SSgA Russell Small Cap Index Fund

Nuveen Small Cap Select Fund - Class A

MainStay ICAP International Fund - Class R2

Janus Overseas Fund - Class S

Thornburg International Value Fund - Class R4

Oppenheimer Global Fund - Class A

Invesco Global Health Care Fund - Class A

Oppenheimer Gold & Special Minerals Fund - Class A

Invesco Real Estate Fund - Class A

Columbia Seligman Communications and Information Fund - Class A

Invesco Energy Fund - Class A

I am lost when it comes to all of this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It may not be fun, but you should read a few basic books on investing. Two very good books that are pretty easy reads:

One Up On Wall Street - Peter Lynch

A Random Walk Down Wall Street - Burton Malkiel

As your other answers point out, more info is necessary for a thorough answer. You can EDIT your question if you want to add to it. Meanwhile, here are a few thoughts.

Your plan has some very good choices. Some low risk. Some very low cost index funds. Some international. Mostly from good companies.

1) Lowest risk = Invesco Stable Value. This provides a steady cash return, currently about 3%

2) Easiest choice = pick the target date fund that matches when you expect to retire. This gives you a mix of stocks and bonds that is considered optimal for your age. Ex: If you are 35 and expect to retire in 30 years, invest in the target 2040 fund. Age 25, go for target 2050.

3) Diversify and also try to hedge some long term risks like the US dollar and inflation.

10% Stable Value

30% Pimco Total Return (This is your bond exposure. Excellent fund!)

20% SSgA S&P 500 (Large US stocks)

10% SSgA S&P Midcap (Medium size US stocks)

10% SSgA Russell Small Cap (Smaller, hopefully faster growing US stocks)

10% Janus Overseas (International diversifiaction)

10% Oppenheimer Gold & Minerals (Inflation protection)

You can start very simple and then change your allocation as your knowledge grows. If you feel that you don't understand enough, just start with 100% Stable Value and modify over time.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Automated Binary Trading http://netint.info/AdvancedTradingTechnology
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What fund should i choose for my 401K plan at work. I am putting 4% and my company is matching 4%.?

Invesco Stable Asset Fund - Class ADP85

PIMCO Total Return Fund - Class A

AllianceBernstein Global Bond Fund - Class A

T. Rowe Price Retirement Income Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2010 Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price Retirement 2020 Fund - Class R

T. Rowe Price...

Source(s): fund choose 401k plan work putting 4 company matching 4: https://shortly.im/ddDTw
  • gould
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Invesco Stable Value Fund

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Invesco Stable Asset Fund

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I can certainly see why. Just about anybody would be lost. You have a lot of choices with very little direction to go by. Geez they give you a lot of choices.

Did they give you any information on past performance of these choices? That would be a place to start. You don't have to put it all into just one fund I don't think. You can sort of spread it around. Delafield is a mid-cap fund with a decent record. Might put up to 25% into it. Oppenheimer has a pretty pathetic record. I would avoid that one. I sort of wonder why it is even a choice. Black Rock Equity Dividend Fund is basically a blue chip fund of dividend stocks. It would be a good bet for about 35 %. Its record is comparable to the Delafield but less down side risk. The Neuberger Berman Genesis has a fantastic past performance but it is kind of bloated asset wise. I am dubious that its future performance will equal its past, but if you have more faith than I it would be a substitute for Delafeild.

In my opinion some foreign holding should also be included. Janus Overseas is a cut above average. Maybe 15%. I would throw the rest into the Stable assets fund and wait for the market to crater, then reallocate it amongst your other investment choices.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Read _Dummies Guide to Stock Market Investing_ for a general overview.

Do make sure to invest at least some (or most) in SSgA S&P 500 Index Fund.

Source(s): Investing since 1987
  • 8 years ago

I'll try to keep it simple.

When you're young, you invest mostly in stocks and a little in bonds. 80% stocks and 20% bonds perhaps. Stocks are riskier(swings high and swings low), but make more money in the long run. Bonds are safer, but make less money in the long run. Adjust your percentage according to your comfort level with risk.

When you're old, you want to be invested mostly in bonds, and a little in stocks. 20% stocks and 80% bonds. This is because you will need your money soon, so it'd be a disaster if you're invested in stocks and the stock market crashes and has low value right when you need to withdraw money.

This means that as you grow older you want to shift your percentage "allocation" from stocks to bonds steadily over time.

***Look at the "T. Rowe Price Retirement 20X0 Fund - Class R " funds. These are funds that will automatically shift investments for you. The 2050 fund for example, is a fund that is designed to serve people who plan to retire in the year 2050. So if you're 31 today, and you want to retire at age 60, the 2040 fund is a simple way to make sure your savings are correctly allocated.***

It's a very simplistic way to invest, and it's a good place to park money if you're one of the kinds of folks who don't want to muss around with allocation. If you want to improve on your investment outlook, the next basic step is ensuring diversification in your portfolio, but that's a bit more complicated.

For a good place to learn about basic investing, go to www.investopedia.com.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Penny Stock is a good way to make high profit. Check this websites http://penny-stock.keysolve.net

In the case of many penny stocks, low market price inevitably leads to low market capitalization. Such stocks can be highly volatile and if you have the right information it's very easy make a lot of money!

• 4 years ago

Trading binary options online is not as complicated as many people think it is. Read here https://tr.im/qUgYP

You don’t have to be an economics expert in order to make money by trading binary options. The charts allow you to predict the future course of an asset by finding patterns in its past price movements, and after all this what we need to win a binary trade.

Don't be intimidated by the charts, actually they are not that hard to read and understand. Strategies that are based on reading and analyzing charts are part of the technical analysis area.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.