Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 years ago

Questions about Maternity Leave?

Do I need to fill an application online before going into service canada to apply for Maternity Leave?Or do I go to Service Canada to fill out and application and to apply..I am very confused!


Does anyone have a number so I can reach Service Canada I keep get a machine I want to talk to someone about Maternity leave? I live in Ontario.

2 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    To find out if you are eligible to receive EI benefits, you must submit an application online. It will take about 60 minutes to complete the online application. To do so, visit our Web site at

    The Web site takes you step by step through the application process, and provides detailed instructions on how to complete the form.

    1 800-206-7218

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    Have your SIN# ready, also have your spouses SIN# ready as you will submit your both maternity and your paternity(if you wish to take it) at the same time. You can either do a application on line or go into a service canada office. Also you must speak to your employeer and find out if they are going to electroncally send your record of employement or they do a paper copy which you will have to either take into a service canada office or mail to them. Remember to get things started right away after you finish work, or if you know when you last day is you can apply ahead of time and then if anything changes jut notify service canada.

    Also in regards to calling them call the 1-800 number and press 0 they dont have it as a selection as they would like people to use the automated service. But by pressing 0 you will get to talk to a service rep.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.