Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 8 years ago

Why are turkish people so rude and aggressive?

Im not trying to sterotype all the people in turkey just some. I'm hispanic and my cousins lives in the apartments full of turkish people. I went over my cousins last year and I saw a group of turkish kids that were going to play soccer. I asked if i could join they were ok about it. This black kid who is a brother of a gang asked if he could play too and they started to bully him. I told them to back off and they were mad at me. When were we were playing soccer they started to cheat. I told them why are they cheating they said because its their ball but they said it in a mean aggressive way. I almost got in a fight with one of them because he keep calling me an idiot. So what gives?

Best Answer

Don't judge all the Turkish people by only that group. I'm sorry to hear that those kids have been rude but actually, Turkish people are very nice and friendly.

Source(s): Don't get me wrong. I'm Turkish, but I'm not defending the Turkish people because of this.

I'm from NYC and I'' saying this from experience. Turkish people are the rudest and the biggest scumbags I have ever seen in my life. My friend and I flew to Istanbul for few days and the entire experience was horrible. When I received my luggage at the airport it was soaking wet. Everyone not only refused to help but they were extremely rude including a COP. Each and every cab driver tried to scam us. We couldn't enter a bar because we didn't have a girl with us. The traffic was insane. No one and I mean 1 out of 1000 people spoke English who also refused to help. Someone tried to scam us into having a good time and we almost got charged $1500 for few drinks. On the way back We got to the airport 50 mins prior to check in due to the crazy traffic conditions I mentioned earlier and Turkish Airlines refused to let us check in stating we were 10 mins late so we had to buy another ticket for $720. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COUNTRY PEOPLE.

Source(s): Personal experience

One of my best friend is Turkish! The Turkish people I've met in my university are all honest, nice people. But doing business with Turkish people has been the worst. My friend explained to me that unfortunately Turks tend to be very suspicious of strangers. If they get to know you or are introduced to you by a friend then they are the nicest, most helpful people ever, but if not, they are suspicious. That has been my experience so far. I love buying Turkish cultural stuff but doing business has been a pain in the a**. They get offended so easily, or they don't answer your questions if it even gets slightly complicated. In some ways I can understand I'm just really used to really good customer service in the U.S. It's not cuz of poverty either, I've had great experiences working with Russians (including Russian ethnics from ex-soviet countries) who almost always had to use a translator which doesn't always do a good job translating. But they work with you to the end to make you happy.

TURKISH PEOPLE ARE RUDE. THEY LIE AND CHEAT

I am half Turkish on my Father's side. And yes my name is Mehmet.

Unfortunately, our visit to Turkey has confirmed that ON AVERAGE Turkish people are VERY rude and they do lie and cheat. They have attitudes and I am NOT surprised why I do NOT bump into many turkish people in NYC because New Yorkers would tear them a new ******.

I doubt that I will ever come back to Turkey again. The best people I have ever met was in Hawaii. They are above the rest in kindness, consideration and respect. I will absolutely go back to Hawaii (Just don't be surprised if you get reverse racism in Hawaii. They don't like white people very much).

• Shi3 years agoReport

Actually my experience with Hawaiians haven't been great either. They tend to be very rude to Asian tourists.

I don't know if it's just cultural differences and they seem rude or don't know how to act... but these kids just seem ignorant.

I work with this Turkish girl who is EXTREMELY rude and lazy. She acts the same as you described with those brats. She sits on her bum all day and texts her boyfriend while I work. She lies to customers so she gets a sale, is rude to them and doesn't care, asks me uncomfortable questions just to get my goat (she just pisses me off), and, above all, she never apologizes or takes responsibility for her actions. I .....don't know how to say this, but she's not representing her generation, or Turkey very well. She's only been in America for four years. She is also only 18 years old. She's a spoiled little brat who doesn't deserve to get paid to sit on her *** and text her boyfriend. I'm sure not all Turkish people are like...her. But From what YOU say and my experiences, I would never go to Turkey.

Way to represent Natasha.

I just have a trip to Turkey. I just wasted my time and money. They are generally very rude and selfish. No one can speak English. Although they earn a lot of money out of tourism, they are not polite at all. They behave like tourist owe them.

I should say that almost all the historical beauty in Turkey is the work of non-Turkish people. They are either copies of Persian arts or Greco-Roman art and architecture. Turks, these nomadic people have not contributed to the humanity. They have just brought war and conflict wherever they have move to.

• John Deo3 years agoReport

Accepting Turkey into the EU would be a disaster. They are not Europeans at all.

I just unfriended a man from Finike. He was the most selfish, self-absorbed jerk it has ever been my misfortune to meet. Allah forbid he should have any sons. May he have daughters like him and ugly ones too. I'm from the coal region in PA and we don't sugar coat. But I will not lift another finger for him. I prefer to watch Karma screw him over. I have a guy friend who treats me like a lady. Who needs a rude, selfish Turkish penis?

Every turk I have met has been rude and disgusting. I don't understand their culture. Also they have no history to their country, they're just useless people of the earth, as sad as it is, but I'm sure there is a few good ones.

Not all Turkish people are like that. Most are actually very kind. However, there are some Turkish people like that (I've played soccer with them). Most of them come from uneducated families and backgrounds, or are the opposite and spoiled. Don't stereotype Turks though. Most of them don't act like you just described.

Source(s): I'm Turkish

I have been to turkey - and I must say that turks are the rudest people on this planet - they cheat tourists all the time and are quite ignorant dumb and very uneducated - so glad we havent let these neanderthals into the EU - and happy to see the Russians boycotting them - we love you Russia :)))