J.P. asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 9 years ago

what does this traffic sign mean?

its orange and has a truck on it. i need to know what it means for my driver's road test.

Image: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5175/5489961625_399...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I have a CDL commercial drivers license class-A I can really only think of 4 things after looking at the photo your link took me to.It's either A-no trucks allowed or B-this is where they want you to go meaning "truck route' hope.And C-orange means/stands for caution proceed with caution and finally D-trucks/construction vehicles only.Hope this helps out with your test I got my CDL in 1990 so it has been a long long time I try to.Remember it all but there is just so much I try but just can't remember all that there is."Good luck"

• Dan B
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The orange sign indicates a construction zone with construction vehicles present. The heavy construction vehicles might not be a dump truck - it could be anything - but the dump truck symbol is easily recognized by most drivers.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Any orange sign usually mean road construction. This sign means to watch for large trucks. They accelerate and stop slowly, also they have large blind spots. Keep back far enough so you can see the driver in his rear view mirror. Do not pull out in front of a construction truck quickly as they cannot stop quickly!

• 9 years ago

It means construction vehicles entering roadway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

orange means construction and you should use caution

• 9 years ago

Construction vehicles only......I think.

• 9 years ago

it means you shouldn't be driving.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.