Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Rob asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 10 years ago

Whats the Gaming scene in Japan like?

I am an Avid gamer and when I finish College in the next year or so I plan on getting into the gaming field as a career as a producer or something fairly close. I know the gaming scene in America and Europe is rather large but and even in Korea SC2 is very large but I never hear anything about Japan. Living in Japan is one of my goals one day but I have never heard of any competitions or competitive gaming companies or tournaments that are located in Japan. Can anyone enlighten me on the scene going on over there?

People seem to be confused as to what I meant: I know they have nintendo, sony, and square enix. I was talking about COMPETITIVE gaming (companies). Such as: WoW, SC2, Black Ops, Gears of War, Blizzard Entertainment, ect.

Favorite Answer

I am confused by your question. As was mentioned about Nintendo and Square Enix are huge. There is also Wii which came out of Japan. Final Fantasy......Seriously? I just don't know where you are coming from. A ton of games are released in Japan, translated, and released in the U.S. Maybe you just don't know that when you play them.

Anyway, as for living in Japan, there is a saying that gets thrown around a lot on these forums. If you are good at what you do in your own country, it will be easy for you to move to Japan. This is true especially of video games. Move to Seattle or California and get into the business in the U.S. then work on getting to Japan from there. There is no way Nintendo or Square Enix Japan will hire a foreigner without an N2 JLPT and a lot of experience.

If you like game, you must know game companies like Nintendo, Square Enix, etc. But it's not easy to find a job there. Actually, it's very difficult for foreigners.

The competition for jobs in the gaming field are quite high.

You will have to qualify for a work visa let alone have the experience needed.

Some games do not have alot of fanbase in Japan

I know for one thing Starcraft 2 is a religion in Korea

D.Gray-guy Set in England for the period of the top of a fictional 19th century, D.Gray-guy regularly facilities round 15-12 months-ancient Allen Walker. In his formative years Allen was once deserted by way of his father and mother because of a 'deformed' left arm and was once followed by way of a touring clown known as Mana Walker. At a few factor, Mana died and Allen grew to become apprenticed to General Cross, an Exorcist of the Black Order. Soon after, Allen additionally joins the Black Order. He meets Kanda Yu, Lavi, and Lenalee Lee, and in combination, they combat akuma- demons that take at the dermis of the ones with susceptible souls- and the Noah Clan. Darker than black Set in a global in which truly stars are changed by way of false stars. Each superstar represents a contractor, humans and not using a emotions that own powers however demands to pay a fee in go back. The tale facilities round a contractor named Hei, who doesnt look to have any remuneration. Hei is an notorious contractor operating for the Syndicate. He is understood by way of the Messier code BK-201 and dubbed the Black Reaper. His vigor is to generate electrical energy from his frame. Soul Eater Long in the past, Kishins introduced chaos and destruction to the arena. To avoid anymore Kishin from awakening, an Academy named Shibusen was once opened. Each pupil has a associate, a few have 2. One individual is a Weapon whilst the opposite is the weilder. This anime facilities round three groups: Maka Albarn and Soul Eater, Black Star and Tsubaki, and Death the Kid and his 2 guns Liz and Patty. They combat demons, witches, and eventually a Kishin. Katekyo Hitman Reborn Centers round Sawada Tsunayoshi. He is unfortunate, however someday he meets Reborn, an italian hitman. Tsuna quickly learns that he's the destined chief of the popular mafia-Vongola. But to acquire this, he and his six selected Guardians: Yamamoto Takeshi, Gokudera Hayato, Sasagawa Ryohei, Lambo, Chrome Dokuro(filling in for Rokudo Mukuro), and Hibari Kyoya have to conquer quite a lot of boundaries. Nabari no Ou Rokujou Miharu is a boy who has a hijutsu (hidden manner) residing within of him. This hijutsu is the vigor of construction. Many ninja clans are searching for it as the one that possesses it turns into the ruler of the ninja global. Rokujou's classmate Kouichi began a nindou ("Way of the Ninja") membership at tuition with Kumohira, his English instructor. Both Kouichi and Kumohira are secretly ninjas. They attempted to steer Rokujou to become a member of the ninjutsu membership. At first, he was once reluctant, however after being attacked by way of organization of ninjas seeking to get his hijutsu, he joins. He have to turn out to be the Ruler of Nabari so as to outlive.