Am I a homophobic if I find gay sex disgusting?

Ok, I've come under the impression that if you don't think gay sex is "beautiful", you're a homophobe. I have nothing against gays or them doing what they do, but I personally find the act repulsive and disgusting. I don't like oysters either, would that make me an oysterphobe? If someone's eating it in front of me, I'd probably barf. Same with gay sex, if I saw it in front of me I'd think it would be disgusting. But does that necessarily make me a gay hater or a homophobe?

Favorite Answer

it is if you outwardly use this "view" and speak of it like this...

1

Source(s): Live Sex Webcam Girls : http://CamGz.com/?UKGY

No, if anything finding gay acts disgusting is more normal than anything else. I can't stand the way people throw the word homophobia around. A phobia is a fear, being disgusted by something and/or disliking does not equal fear. It could be accompanied by fear but doesn't have to be. Everybody has at least one group of people they don't particularly care for. To expect everyone to like everyone else and not hate anyone is just naive.

Gay Sex Find

No. I'm gay and I find straight sex strange and unpleasant to watch, and I'm not heterophobic in any way. The thing is that because you're straight, straight sex would seem more natural to you whereas gay sex would gross you out a bit. You're not homophobic because of that though. You're only homophobic if you hate gays for being gay.

• Butch G5 years agoReport

You must hate men then...When I see 2 men having sex together, its a beautiful thing especially if its 2 hot masculine men..

Nowadays homophobic is being used as much as racist and people try to force it down our throats and they shouldn't. But, i'm not gonna go out of my way to say "oh, that's gross". I mean, it's not my anus. I'm rather indifferent to the act anyway, though my straight pride is as beautiful as anybody else's gay pride, if not more. Yes, i'm a girl who likes guys and I don't scream it to the high heavens. . . Though I shall leave you with this, if you don't like gay sex, don't have gay sex. Straight Pride!

Source(s): Oh yeah, the answer to your question is "No", you're not a homophobe, you're a perfectly normal, well balanced asset to society. And P.S. to everyone who said straight sex is weird, tell that to your mothers, please and thank you. You're not going to demoralize heterosexuality because you don't do it, alright? Please and thankyou.

only if you hate us BECAUSE we have sex which you find disgusting. However if you have nothing against gays themselves no you are not a homophobe.

• Not necessarily. There are two types of "homophobic" people: those who have an irrational fear of homosexuality (much like how other people have fears of spiders, rodents, etc.) but mean well, and those who simply hate gay people because of their own prejudices, religions and need to conform. If you truly don't hate them, then you're fine.

But if you want to be free of your type one* homophobia, a few trips to a psychiatrist can probably easily treat it as with other irrational fears.

*Type one refers to the "well-meaning" version of homophobia mentioned above.

Hope this helps!

no....ur only a homophobe if u hate us gays not at what we do so no ur not a homophobe if u just hate gay sex its natural for heterosexual men to think its disgusting

not necessarily, as long as you accept that gay people are people and deserve equal rights and accept gay people then you are not homophobic. however if you use this as your reason to believe that it is wrong to be gay then you are homophobic.

Nope