Loz95

Elvis Costello or Talking Head?

hahahaha superdog, sorry you have to make a choice.

ooh, i think it's a draw at the moment...

• Favorite Answer

At the moment I'd pick Elvis Costello, he had a series of classic albums in the late 70's and early 80's. He was also amazingly versatile as a musician, I've been watching his interview show on TV lately where he interviews the likes of Lou Reed, Smokey Robinson, Tony Bennett, The Police etc, where he often performs songs with the acts and he can play and sing all different types of music. Hank Williams country songs, Marvellettes R&B, pop, Tony Bennett crooner songs, alt. rock with Lou Reed, he does it all. And he does it well!

Talking Heads were great too, especially late 70's Talking Heads. I'm not so crazy about their mid-80's pop period, but even their music during that period had a certain edge which most other pop acts during that time or since, haven't had.

My favourite songs from each at the moment;

Elvis Costello: Oliver's Army http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70VqbQ0-798

Talking Heads: Cities http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9W8St1pDc

Source(s): trains!

Elvis Costello

Talking Heads

Elvis.

If I'm not in the mood for Talking Heads, they really annoy me. If I'm not in the mood for Elvis, he just bores me.

But I've got tickets to see him for the first time since 1981. He put on kind of a crappy show then, and I'm hoping for a better one this year. Will see.

tough one...

Talking Heads 100

Elvis Costello 99

Can I have both please?