BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH?

I recently bought a saphire 5450 512mb for my dell optiplex and started getting a blue screen of death . why! btw i have already tried reinstalling drivers

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Blue Screen of Death, also known as FATAL Error or STOP Error can appear because of several reasons, such as, original system files are overwritten, registry is improperly modified, unsupported hardware is installed and wrong CMOS settings. We will discuss the step by step solutions to fix BSOD.

Incorrect CMOS settings can also bring down the BSOD issue. Restart your computer, press F2 or Delete key till a full screen appears. After it is appeared, select the Exit menu using your keyboard, and then "Discard changes" or similar option. Your system will automatically reboot.

Connect your computer to the internet and download Reginout registry repair. Install it and start a full registry scan. After the scan results are appeared, click the button Fix Now.

A newly installed hardware would probably cause BSOD. Always, before connecting a new hardware, confirm that it is designed for the operating system you are currently using. To verify, read the message something like "Designed for Microsoft Windows", or "Compatible with Microsoft Windows". If it is not supporting, then remove it.

Insert Microsoft Windows installation disc. Click the Start button on your Taskbar, and select "Run". After the Run box is launched, type "SFC /ScanNow" command. Press ENTER to execute it. Let the computer to done this task for you.

• Jeremy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It's because Catalyst Control Center is a steaming pile of crap. Reinstalling the driver is not as easy as it should be at all. Manually uninstall all of the ATI software in control panel. Then manually uninstall the video card in device manager and restart. Then install that crappy software again and hope.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.