Why would a guy bring a girl friend on our first date?

We planned out a simple date for today and we were both excited for it. So the day comes around and i text him where to meet me at since he lives farther away he has to drive a bit. So before he comes he texts me asking me if his friend can come. I thought oh its probably his guy friend who is bored...its happened before and it wasn't a huge deal. Then he told me it was a girl. I was instantly suspicious. Why would he bring a girl? but it was a casual hangout/date so i said why not, as long as she is really nice.

Date comes, i meet them and we get to talking. Instantly i notice how much they know about each other. I try to keep up but i feel a little awkward. We then continue on and were walking around the zoo. I feel like they are always walking next to each other, she grabs his hand to take pictures with her and shes constantly touching him. She even took a picture of him and said aww isnt that cute. I feel like im the friend watching their date, he tries a little to incorporate me but I already feel down and low, insecure. He pays for my things as well as hers, which again is odd to me.

We leave.

I text him back and he tells me there is nothing going on between them and he didn't mean to make me feel that way.

I honestly don't understand this.

Why did this girl come in the first place?

And do you think I am overreacting about the situation?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Amber
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Well I think it's obvious she likes him as more than a friend, and it kind of seems that he feels the same. Maybe like he's trying to keep his options open with more than one girl. Doesn't seem worth it to me. You're not overreacting by the way.

• 8 years ago

In my opinion you are not overreacting at all, in fact if it was me I would act better than that, in first place you shouldn’t let him bring another person to your date, specially a girl!!! (Even she was his sister). A date is a time for two of you other wise it can be a picnic or something with friends… so as I can see he bring a girl in your date, flirt with her in front of you, reunited your day and then instead of apologize he says “ there is nothing going on between us” . Honey, it is up to you but if it was me I asked for an apology and never let this happen again. I prefer to end my relationship rather than someone treats me like a fool. (No offense)

• Mark
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Yeah i honestly think it's not too big of a deal. You may be overreacting. It seems like they're just friends and maybe they haven't seen each other for a long time. He probably thought that you and her could get to know each other as friends. He has feelings for you but he's just her friend. And she may just be very friendly to your boyfriend is why she acted that way towards your boyfriend.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Either he doesn't trust you. Or he doesn't think that it was a serious date. It WAS just a casual date.

So next time instead of the zoo. Try a movie or something. The zoo is only casual date at best.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dopler
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You're not overreacting. He's just an idiot... it really is that simple, I think.

He must have thought that bringing her would be somehow beneficial to your impression of him. That, or he's just completely oblivious and brought her without thinking that it may have bad consequences. I'm not sure.

I'd say you would be justified in not going out with him again, but that is your choice to make.

• 8 years ago

Your not overreacting at all. Don't doubt yourself either.. You have no need to be self conscious even remotely because of this. It's all his wrong if this date was supposed to be about you.. If you believe you can truly care about him in the future I wouldn't let this phase you.. Love is life, if you miss out on love you miss out on life.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He is a loser there is obviously something going on between them, don't waste ur time honey

• Hey
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Damn that guy is playing 2 girls at the same time.... psshhh

• 8 years ago

I would take it that they are an item- but he wont admitt it so he can have fun flirting.

But im not sure.

• 8 years ago

I have a girlfriend and I flirt with other

girls.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.