Anonymous

Can I get into GA Tech / UGA ?

I'm a senior in high school. I live in Atlanta. Here's a little bit about myself.

AP Classes (grade without honors points/ unweighted):

AP World History 83, 84

AP US History 80, 80

AP Government & Politics 79

AP Statistics (Taking right now)

AP Calculus BC (Taking right now)

AP Microeconomics (Taking right now)

AP Macroeconomics (Taking right now)

Honors Classes (grades without honors points):

10th Grade Honors English 82

10th Grade Honors Chemistry 82

Honors Spanish 3 and 4

11th Grade Honors English 94

Physics 82

I am currently in my school's BETA Club (Volunteering association). I am the President of a club in my school and I'm in the Spanish National Honors Society.

Sadly, my unweighted GPA is a 3.5. Weighted is a 3.7. Also, my ACT score was a 25 and my SAT was a 1580. Yes I know they suck and I plan to retake them again. However, there is no way I will be getting a 1900. So is GA Tech off my list then?

Thanks!

• Alex
    Best Answer

It's not impossible for you to get into GA Tech, but your chances aren't good. I'd say 25%. Still apply though. I'd say your chances are about the same at UGA.

Go onto GA 411 and look to see if you've got the right courses for those schools. I know my son has to take one year of language to do the degree he wants to do at Tech. Try to get the GPA up and retake those SAT's. You might be able to do it but you've got some work to do.

Maybe you should have taken some regular ed or Honors classes to get your GPA up.