I am 23 years old and I am terribly shy around girls! I don't know what to do, it's ruining my life. Advice?

I just don't know what to do any more, I feel like I've come to a dead end. I see all these guys with girlfriends, but I can't get a girlfriend because I'm so crap with talking to girls. I understand a little bit of shyness is fine, but I'm at the point that I avoid talking to girls to hide my... show more I just don't know what to do any more, I feel like I've come to a dead end. I see all these guys with girlfriends, but I can't get a girlfriend because I'm so crap with talking to girls. I understand a little bit of shyness is fine, but I'm at the point that I avoid talking to girls to hide my embarrassment of my nervousness, blushing etc. I never used to be like this, but I've been unemployed and out of education, that now I feel like I'm leading a worthless life. So in turn, I feel worthless myself and just want to dig myself a hole and hide from the world. It's pathetic, I know! But how the hell do I get over it? Of course I want a relationship, but where do I find that relationship? I feel insecure because I don't work, I don't drive, I still live at home, and I have no education behind me. The reason I've been out of work for so long is because I have been severely depressed about life. I have had no motivation to do anything, so I end up feeling worse and worse about myself. I just want to live a normal life, but at the moment I don't know how to. I just really need some advice, I don't know what to do. I have been single all my life and it's getting depressing now! I start to feel that I'm ugly because I can't talk to girls. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I like this? I feel like crap right now!
Update: I know I'm the only one who can change my situation, but it's so depressing being 23 and never had a girlfriend. I've only had sex one time as well, so it's not like I'm experienced in that area either.