Women in the Blues World today...Who's got it goin on?

Over the past couple of years, I've seen quite a few new and upcoming female blues artists popping up on the circuit. I'm just wondering about others out there.

Update:

Hey guys, Thanks for gettin in here. I appreciate all your answers and did check out all names I've never heard of. The landscape is loaded and the future looks bright.

BA's to all you guys.

I havin a tough time putting Beth Hart in the blues bag but that performance was a wow moment.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • mars
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I like the way Imogen Heap sings Blues songs. She's got a great version of Rollin' And Tumblin' with Jeff Beck. (Also note his amazing Bassist Rhonda Smith)./ I've recently been listening to Imelda May. Check her youtube video "live session- Train Kept A Rollin" and "Imelda May @ 100 Club"! She also does awesome covers of 'Dealin' With The Devil', 'My Babe', and 'Rollin' And Tumblin' (live at 'The Boardwalk')/ A lot of other old-school Blues gals are still getting great recordings out, like: Rory Block, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, Koko Taylor, Maria Muldaur, Marcia Ball, Lou-Ann Barton, Shemekia Copeland and Sue Foley./ There are a whole bunch of great 'up-and-coming' women Blues musicians for sure. They include: Shannon Curfman, Deborah Coleman, Joanne Shaw Taylor, Louise Hoffsten, Dani Wilde, Deanna Bogart, Erja Lyytinen, Gina Sicilia, Tracy Conover, Carolyn Wonderland, Fiona Boyes, Jo-Ann Kelly and, -the Memphis Minnie inspired- Little Miss Higgins!

Source(s): radio/tapes/youtube/Internet
  • arai
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

As a newborn who (in circa 1970's - 1908's) who strengthen into interested in here gals: (a million) Lynda Carter (2) Kate Jackson (3) Nancy McKeon (4) Justine Bateman i will actually say that the blond gals by no ability relatively did it for me.

• Kman
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes! Susan Tadeschi does rock.

- Geneva Red (From Lake County! IL.)

- "Tiffany Harp" from Brazil

I really don't hear too much female blues players though I know there Has to be Tons!

• 8 years ago

Susan Tedeschi rocks

Source(s): cds
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.