Computer - Blue Screen & shut down?

My computer has shown on the screen "A problem has been detected and Window had been shut down to prevent damages to your computer". The 2nd line is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. If I restart the computer manually, it seems working. Then the whole blue screen shows again probably in 2 weeks. After some time, I decide to clear everything and re-format the computer to manufacturing settings. It seems not working.

Does anyone know what wrong with my computer? Please help.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Blue Screen of Death, also known as FATAL Error or STOP Error can appear because of several reasons, such as, original system files are overwritten, registry is improperly modified, unsupported hardware is installed and wrong CMOS settings. We will discuss the step by step solutions to fix BSOD.

Incorrect CMOS settings can also bring down the BSOD issue. Restart your computer, press F2 or Delete key till a full screen appears. After it is appeared, select the Exit menu using your keyboard, and then "Discard changes" or similar option. Your system will automatically reboot.

Connect your computer to the internet and download Reginout registry repair. Install it and start a full registry scan. After the scan results are appeared, click the button Fix Now.

A newly installed hardware would probably cause BSOD. Always, before connecting a new hardware, confirm that it is designed for the operating system you are currently using. To verify, read the message something like "Designed for Microsoft Windows", or "Compatible with Microsoft Windows". If it is not supporting, then remove it.

Insert Microsoft Windows installation disc. Click the Start button on your Taskbar, and select "Run". After the Run box is launched, type "SFC /ScanNow" command. Press ENTER to execute it. Let the computer to done this task for you.

Source(s): 10+ Years Industry Experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If you have reinstalled the operating system and the problem recurs you are looking at a hardware fault either RAM motherboard CPU or Hard drive.

You can test the RAM with memtest. Alternatively if you have two sticks of RAM installed remove one, then run the system for a while and see if the problem occurs if it does swap the ram for the other stick and see if it occurs

You can test the CPU with Prime95

You can test the hard drive by with seatools for seagate

Google the above download and run them and hopefully you will be able to identify the problem.

HTH

David

• 9 years ago

Could be a ram problem. Power off and open it. Check everything is seated properly in the sockets (don't touch the cpu though). Remember to use antistatic precautions. After a lot of power cycles and associated temperature swings things can ease out of place

• 9 years ago

its most likely a bad hard drive.

but it could also be a bad cdrom drive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.