Anonymous

Americans, how do you treat exchange students?

I'm a 16-year-old Brazilian girl and I really wanna go study in the USA for some time, but I'm curious: what do you think of exchange students? Are you guys nice or do most exchange students end up isolated?

sweet: você é mesmo "sweet" asuhasuhusah obrigada pela resposta e pelo elogio, me animou muito :D

Favorite Answer

This year, we had 2 exchange students. One from Germany and one from Brazil. (Ironically where you're from).

I became close friends with the German one. The Brazilian one was really easy to get along with and they made a lot of friends.

Americans love diversity, so be prepared for a lot of questions about Brazil.

Welcome to America! :)

Source(s): My own experience
  • Dawni0

Like anywhere else in the world, you're gonna find mean people and your gonna find nice people. Some Americans like exchange students, some don't, and some are just simply indifferent.

But to console your fears, two years ago we had an exchange student from the Dominican Republic, and she became quite popular at our school. Even though she wasn't that great at English, she was still very nice, and she made a lot of friends. The school even granted her an award for working the hardest or something like that. In any case, she had a great experience while here, and we enjoyed her as well. I'm sure the same thing will happen for you if you just surround yourself with the right people.

Sou brasileira casada com americano. Vivo nos Estados Unidos e posso te garantir que os americanos sao bem educados e amigaveis. Vc ira amar fazer novas amizades. Vai aprimorar bastante o seu conhecimento na lingua inglesa. Sera uma experiencia maravilhosa e vc nem sentira mais vontade de voltar para o Brasil. Conheci uma menina de Curitiba que veio fazer intercambio nos Estados Unidos e acabou conhecendo um americano lindo, loiro , dos olhos verdes e ambos decidiram namorar, noivar e casar... Ela voltou para o Brasil para poder tirar o visto de noiva e voltou para os States novamente... Ela esta super feliz!!!

Jamais desista dos seus sonhos! Que Deus te abencoe sempre! Sucesso! Seja Bem Vinda aos Estados Unidos!!!

O seu ingles e muito bom!!!

The exchange students I know are very fun to talk to and hang out with.

I love exchange students. You're like our little brothers and sisters.

better than most people, cause I'm from a foreign country as well and it's cool to meet someone with a similar wavelength. most people are really nice to them, and curious about their culture

Well if you speak good english then its ok if you don't speak good english its still ok but they will talk to you loudly and slowly.

• Mark

Mostly nice (99%)...