My fiance has a court date scheduled while he is in army basic training? Help?

So my fiance received a traffic violation ticket and had a court date scheduled on August 16th. BUT he left for Army Basic Training August 1st. He tried rescheduling his court date, but the workers at the courthouse were unable to schedule a date in January (thats when he comes back). So they told us to write a... show more So my fiance received a traffic violation ticket and had a court date scheduled on August 16th. BUT he left for Army Basic Training August 1st. He tried rescheduling his court date, but the workers at the courthouse were unable to schedule a date in January (thats when he comes back). So they told us to write a letter.. The day he left he wrote a letter explaining his situation to the surperior court, but I'm guessing they rejected it. I just received a letter in the mail today stating that he failed to appear in court and now he must attend his next court date on September 7th and pay a 300$ or pay 1540$ (which is not an option). If failure to do so, they will suspend his license or put a warrant out for his arrest. No negative comments please, im already under a lot of stress. Will the army release him from basic training to go to his courtdate or what will happen? What should I do?