Payton asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 10 years ago

i dont want my credit card bill in the mail?

i get a credit card bill every month from American Express, but i buy things that i don't want my parents to see that ive bought they check my credit card statement every time it comes into the mail. i wanna know if theres anyway i can stop the receipt from coming in the mail or if i can edit what i want to be on it when it does come online somehow or something?

• CPU
    Favorite Answer

If you have an online login to amex there should be an option to go paperless. They will stop sending you letters and just give you online statements. I do that with my bank WF.

Ask for statements online only. They will be happy to stop sending you paper statements in the mail in order to save trees(postage). Most credit card issuers offer this online without having to call customer service. This will give you your privacy.

• Ed Fox

If you are genuinely old enough to have an American Express credit card, you are an adult and can therefore take legal action against your parents for invasion of privacy OR tampering with your mail if they do it without your consent

Most would be happy to send you email statements only.

However, if your parents are also on the account they have a right to see what you are buying.

Have you asked them not to open your mail ?

If they cosigned they probably want to make sure you are paying as agreed. Or even if not.

Speak to American Express, I think the answer will be in the negative though due to money laundering rules, you have to be living at the address that you have registered with them...otherwise they may assume that you're not who you say you are.

See if AE offers online payment or get a PO box