Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 8 years ago

What the heck is a weeji board?

I KNOW I didn't spell it right it starts with an O haha. What is it?

Best Answer

The Ouija board ( /ˈwiːdʒə bɔːrd/ wee-jə; possibly derived from the French and German/Dutch words for "yes", oui and ja),[1] also known as a spirit/fire key board or talking board, is a flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0-9, the words 'yes' 'no' 'hello' and 'goodbye', and other symbols and words are sometimes also added to help personalize the board.[citation needed] It is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc.", which markets and distributes the Ouija Board as part of its line of board games. It uses a planchette (small heart-shaped piece of wood) or movable indicator to indicate the spirit's message by spelling it out on the board during a séance. The fingers of the séance participants are placed on the planchette, which then moves about the board to spell out words or become physically manifested. It has become a trademark that is often used generically to refer to any talking board.

Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond on July 1, 1890, the Ouija board was regarded as a harmless parlor game unrelated to the occult until American Spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War I.

Mainstream Christian religions and some occultists have associated use of the Ouija board with the threat of demonic possession and some have cautioned their followers not to use Ouija boards.

While Ouija believers feel the paranormal or supernatural is responsible for Ouija's action, it may be parsimoniously explained by unconscious movements of those controlling the pointer, a psychophysiological phenomenon known as the ideomotor effect. Despite being debunked by the efforts of the scientific community, Ouija remains popular among many young people.

Source(s): wikipedia.com

It's spelled "Ouija" which is "yesyes" in French and German (Oui-French Ja-German)

It's when you contact the dead through a portal in between Human world and the Spirit world, sometimes Demonic figures can be lost between the two worlds and are let out through the portal you've apparently opened when playing the Ouija board. It can very dangerous and life threatening, I am a believer of this type of shizz, Demons are dangerous. Stay clear.

I recommend watching the horror movie "Long Time Dead." That's about the Ouija board.

Source(s): Past experiences of playing it.

A Oujii board is a method of communicating with spirits of the dead. It looks like a game board, with the alphabet, numbers, yes, and no printed on it. It has a triangle-shaped piece with a glass circle in the center. You place your hand on it, and the spirits move the piece over letters and numbers, spelling words.

It's a board that you use to "communicate with spirits" by moving your hands along it. I'm not sure it actually works though...

Yeah I think it's spelled oija or something like that. (WEIRD spelling!)

Its ouiji board lol. Its a tool for "telling your future" if you buy into that stuff

it's Ouija board. So now you know!

It is something very dangerous that you need to avoid. Demons can use it to come through and destroy yours and your family and friends lives. Don't mess with it.

• Ir's "Ouiji" i think that's how it's spelled.

Don't use it trust me