College, girl, has kid, dating advice?

Okay so I just met this girl on 2nd day of classes in college and I asked her for her number "in case I missed a day." And anyways on the 3rd day I found out from talking to her that she has an ex boyfriend that she slept with him and now has a kid. I was acquainted with him, but never really talked to her baby daddy.. I like her a lot, but I would like some advice on what to do. Does she have too much baggage? Would it be difficult to date with a kid in the way?

Favorite Answer

Dude you are in college with NO kids, there are WAY more options out there. Put it this way, say you had a long week of tests, it is the weekend, and there is no place you would rather be then with your girl. You give her a call and say "How about dinner tonight" response, "I can't find a babysitter." That is just one of many problems, realize a baby keeps growing, soon it will be "homework, soccer, plays, disney movies, etc," which sucks the money right out of you. The ex is most likely going to be around since it is HIS kid. Right there is too much baggage. And the kicker, you can actually get hit with Child Support just by being with a woman with child that is called "best interests of the child," I included the link below. It is hard to tell which women would hit you with CS and which wouldn't before it is too late so it's best to run. I am sure she comes off as a nice girl who may have been deceived, however, women are the gatekeepers, they have the ultimate 'power' in deciding who to have sex with, abortions, etc, not us men. There are exceptions to the rule, but not in this case you have shared. As a young guy with no kids move along. I am not hating on anybody just stating the truth which is not always pretty. Women with kids should date men with kids as they understand each other more. Unless your are dying to have a instant family this is not for you.

Source(s): I have no kids that dated a couple of single moms and it was not fun. My sister, grandmothers, close aunts are single moms, I have seen it all in this regard. http://www.rense.com/general51/chsup.htm
  • Alex

I agree with Mayall...do you think you could act as a parent to her child if things were to get to that point? If no, then it probably isn't a good idea to date her. Honestly, if you have to ask us, it seems to me like it's not something that you would be ok with. Consider this too...the kid is probably her number one priority...everything she does is going to revolve around him. If you want to go on a date, it's going to have to be when she can get a sitter for the kid...or you might end up hanging at their place with the kid instead. Is that something that you can deal with?

If you consider the kid "in the way" don't bother dating her. Chances are she's not looking to screw around, the men she dates will be potential father figures for her kid. If you can't fill that role, move on.