Should government deny the freedom of citizens to fly the confederate flag?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

The Confederate flag was actually a war flag for the South to differentiate themselves from the North. In fact they had many flags that were war flags but that was the most popular one. Most people don't know that so I expect thumbs down.

At the First Battle of Manassas, the similarity between the Stars and Bars and the Stars and Stripes caused confusion and military problems. Regiments carried flags to help commanders observe and assess battles in the warfare of the era. At a distance, the two national flags were hard to tell apart. In addition, Confederate regiments carried many other flags, which added to the possibility of confusion.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Of course not.

It is a symbol of the south, like a state flag is the symbol of a state. Besides, if the government lets us BURN the US flag, then we should be able to fly the Confederate flag.

• 9 years ago

Which one? There are several Confederate flags.

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No. People should be able to act the fool if they want as long as they are not harming others. Hurt feelings don't count.

I once saw the stars and bars with a moose superimposed over it. Not sure what that meant, but whoever was flying it was an idiot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

LOL Amber..typical conservative logic..say no to banning the confederate flag while at the same time wanting to ban others that you don't agree with...LOL

• 9 years ago

Never. If the want to ban one, get rid of the rainbow flag and ban the Mexican one from being flown in America.

• 9 years ago

No and it does not. And that a capital C, as in Confederate.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If they did, I would buy one to fly, freedom, you may not like it, but we have it

• 9 years ago

No. Let it go... Just don't fly it above the USA flag...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, but anyone who flies the flag of states that fought against the U.S. is obviously UnAmerican

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.