Why wont he set a wedding date?

He won't set a wedding date. Should I be worried? When we first started dating about 2 months into it I was sort of pushy about getting married, or hinting at it, I was 30 at the time. He broke up with me on valentines day a couple of months afterward (turns out he was emotionally cheating with his ex), then we got back together that year in September-October after she cut off all times with him in August. We've been engaged now for 2 and a half years and there's still no wedding date. I'm 34 going on 35 and he's 32 so it's not like we're children. What's going on here?

I should add, I eventually found out that at some point before meeting me, he was eager to marry his ex but she wasn't as committed to him as he was to her. So what's the problem THIS time!?

Favorite Answer

Sounds as tho the prob remains the same. Doesn't seem that you are as important to him as his X....♥♥

He doesn't want to get married and it's too soon to think about it.

That's the problem. 2 months is simply too short of a time to decide.

Marrying too soon and being pushed to do so is a warning sign that something is not right with the person doing the pushing. I would reconsider, and continue to date and give it a year. If you want to marry after a year and set a date and he doesn't then you have your answer.

But the whole emotionally cheating with the ex thing, I'd not even consider marrying that type.

He won't set a wedding date because he doesn't want to marry you. It may be harsh, but stop making excuses to yourself. If he really wanted to marry you, you would be married. He's still waiting/hoping for his ex, and he probably proposed to you because you started bothering him about marriage at only 2 months into the relationship. He proposed to satisfy you, and now he's not setting a date because it's not what he really wants. Sometimes you just have to face the truth even though it hurts.

• Ocimom

Problem is he probably is NOT totally over his ex and you are allowing him to play house. IMO after 2 1/2 yrs of playing games, either give him a deadline for marriage or end the relationship. He should know by now if he really wants to marry you.

I am so sorry, but it sounds like he does not want to marry you. He was pressured into it and obviously doesn't consider it a real commitment. I say dump him and move on. You deserve someone who thinks you are everything to him. And it sounds like he got back with you because he couldn't have her. He isn't being fair to you at all.

Again, I am sorry. I've been through something similar and it sucks. But you will find someone who deserves you.

Sounds like my fiance...same situation minus the cheating. He was wanting to marry his ex too, and she ended up leaving him because he didn't propose in the amount of time she wanted. I think because of that he's now a commitment-phobe...in the sense that he's scared of marriage. I think he wants to get married, I just think he's scared of it because of being burned in the past. I think the same is true of your fiance.

2 months in and hinting at marriage? Then he cheats? you guys are crazy!!

He doesn't set a date because he isn't going to marry you. He just has you content believing it for now. Cheaters are great at lying!

He is obviously really, really, bad at noticing red flags.

• Mikey

Awww Honey ...Youve been had !

He is not going to marry you dear .

WAKE UP !!!

Source(s): 45 year old dude . He is not going to marry you - never was .
  • Nora

he does not want to marry you