Is this too high for heath insurance or is this how they all are?

I pay 130/month for health insurance through Humana for 1 adult and 2 children, full coverage. I usually have to pay a $20 copay for minor doctor visits. Recently I found out Humana is going to start charging an extra $20/week so it will be $150/week, so about $500-600/month, which is a little more than our... show more I pay 130/month for health insurance through Humana for 1 adult and 2 children, full coverage. I usually have to pay a $20 copay for minor doctor visits. Recently I found out Humana is going to start charging an extra $20/week so it will be $150/week, so about $500-600/month, which is a little more than our mortgage payment. We pay less in groceries every week than the amount it costs us to pay for this insurance and we rarely visit the doctor, maybe twice a year, and the amount that is charged hardly adds up to the amount paid throughout the whole year. It's really ridiculous, in my opinion. I get this insurance through my work. I only have the option to cancel or change things about the insurance twice a year and the time has come up. So I am considering canceling and looking elsewhere for health insurance, or just paying out of pocket because if I cancel that's an extra 150 bucks in the bank. I will still keep my vision and dental. Is this a good idea to cancel? Pros. vs. Cons.? Are there any better health insurance companies I could go with that would charge less in the state of Ohio? Honestly I am considering applying for medicaid because we are struggling.

We are behind in several medical bills that the insurance wouldn't cover and they are less than what the insurance company charges us monthly, yet because all our money is spent on the insurance, we can't pay for the actual bills - what's the point in the insurance? Enlighten me someone? I was told once that the two biggest crooks are lawyers and insurance companies and I'm starting to see why.
Update: Actually this is NOT full coverage. (btw I'm asking this for my bf who actually pays for this insurance; I cannot get it because we are not married. It's for him and our 2 kids)
Update 2: "In this case not only would you then be on Medicaid but you'll also be in section 8 housing." I'm don't understand this, could you explain? Are you saying that if I get on medicaid that I would be in section 8 housing? What exactly is section 8 housing and is that considered bad or something? Does that mean I... show more "In this case not only would you then be on Medicaid but you'll also be in section 8 housing."

I'm don't understand this, could you explain? Are you saying that if I get on medicaid that I would be in section 8 housing? What exactly is section 8 housing and is that considered bad or something? Does that mean I would have to live in an area of section 8 housing because I would get medicaid? Confused.