promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What do u think will happen King Calls for Congressional Hearings Into Obama Executive Amnesty?

Congressman King: "Our laws are to be enforced faithfully, not ignored or defied by the very people whose job it is to enforce them."

Washington D.C.- Congressman Steve King (R-IA), released the following statement calling for Congressional hearings into the Obama administration's action to grant executive amnesty to illegal aliens. On August 18, Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that the Department of Homeland Security was creating an interagency working group charged with a case-by-case review of all illegal aliens currently in removal proceedings. By doing so, the Obama administration is seeking to assume the authority to ignore Congressionally mandated deportations.

"The President of the United States and all his federal appointees take an oath to the Constitution that requires that they 'take care that the laws be faithfully executed,'" said King. "Our laws are to be enforced faithfully, not ignored or defied by the very people whose job it is to enforce them. I am calling for Congressional hearings on the Obama administration to put the President and all his cabinet members on notice that neither Congress nor the American people will tolerate such contempt for their own oath, the Constitution and the Rule of Law."

"This is the latest example of the Obama administration acting as if it does not have to enforce laws if it finds those laws to be inconvenient. I will be insisting on Congressional hearings so that President Obama's appointees will have to answer questions under oath about their use of executive amnesty to reward immigration lawbreakers with the objective of their crime."

http://www.americanpatrol.com/OBAMA-BARACK/2011-20...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He will probably do nothing. (just like with other prezes who did this crap!) They say, "yea, we hate this" then they DO NOTHING BUT TALK!! The 3 branches of government keep each other from obtaining too much power. WHEN the executive branch does this, as many have done, it makes the power uneven, unfair, and DANGEROUS. I work in a field where I SEE illegals, geting things for free, that WE, registered citizens are forced to pay for. YOU and ME pay for. Illegals are afforded the right to get stuff, then we don't have a way to track them or send them a bill. Your last doctor bill or hospital bill was increased a hundred fold, to cover the costs that are accrued by these individuals. I mean, state ran hospitals can't afford it, so they pass it on to us, the people with an actual address and SS#. Then we complain..."My bill is too high". We can't hide from OUR bills. Well, that's pretty much why Obama shouldn't be able to just GRANT amnesty arbitrarily. REPRESENTATIVES are suppose to discuss stuff like that! Then try to figure out how to assimilate people into our system w/o bogging the welfare system down. Plus these people really get screwed over by working for less than minimum wage and certain industries really take advantage of taxpayers to get cheap labor from poor hardworking people. See, there's alot to consider. One sympathetic man cannot just say, "Yall come!"..."We can't even communicate to you how to use that saw, so if you lose a finger, the taxpayers will pay for you!"..."but we need the cheap labor". Plus, alot of people, unknown to us, are hardened criminals.

Source(s): Years of working in healthcare industry, riddled with these pitiful cases.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

So Obama can now rule by Executive order and ignore congress and use Executive orders to pass any bills he wants or any laws he wants wants changed, he need only to issue an Executive order.This sounds like a dictatorship when Obama is being allowed to bypass congress and decide what will be or what will not be, by Executive order and he is not even required to ask congress for anything these days . He can just make an Executive order and it shall be instant law. Hope and change by Executive orders.

• Anytime a politiician says "Hey! Look at the illegal immigrants." what he is really saying is "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

King seems to be blithely ignoring the fact that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and The Constitution is the source for the executitve's plenary power of amnesty and pardon.

You need to ask yourself "What is it that King does not want me to look at?"

• 3 years ago

Congressman King is doing what those interior the administrative branch could desire to have finished a protracted time in the past. The data of domicile-grown individuals starting to be radical muslims keeps to mount. This vogue could desire to be countered. As for all the "unswerving, non violent" muslims, they could have lots greater credibility is they could be greater co-operative with regulation enforcement efforts to perceive and supply up people who could attack us from interior of.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.