Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

What if Peyton Manning is not medically cleared to play in 2011, how many games will the Colts win without him?

I do not think the Colts can win a single game without him, and that alone makes him the most valuable player. The Patriots went 11-5 without Tom Brady in 2008. But I cannot imagine the Colts having a winning record without Manning.

• J.
    Favorite Answer

I think the Colts win 7 games without him. The won't make the playoffs.

• James

Lol you are going way too far! First off, Brady was 16-0 the year prior so really that was a rather large five game drop off! Since they just added Kerry Collins, a proven veteran that has been around the block, I think they'd could compete. Really, though, the Colts aren't that great of a team. Remember, they were only 10-6 and had to win their final 4 games to get to that record! Obviously, they'd be better with Manning, but, instead of perhaps 10-6 again, I'd expect them to be closer to 6-10.

• Daria

That is the way it is with quarterbacks, they seem to get all the credit when everything is right and the blame when it is wrong. Peyton Manning is no different than any other quarterback in the NFL. The media and many fans made Tom Brady out to be Mr. NFL, when in fact for several years he knew precisely what the defenses were going to do. He certainly has talent, but just how much was true we will never really know because his wins are tainted.

• A.J.

The Colts would be anywhere between an 8-10 win team. They have arguably the best DE duo in the league, arguably a top 5 WR in Reggie Wayne who is part of what most think is one of the better WR corps in the league, and Dallas Clark is a top 5 TE. I think people listen to ESPN too much to come up with their opinions when it comes to this. Manning is a good QB, but the Colts aren't suddenly the Bengals without him.

4 games 5 tops

• M O

the Colts would be a 5 win team or less without him. Every unit on the Colts is average to below average outside of DL and WR. Manning has willed the Colts in to being a competitive team more so then any QB I can remember in recent history over his career, and thats probably why he is sitting on 4 MVPs. The Colts have been an average to below average team, with one of the best QBs in history, for a decade, and continue to be that.

If Peyton isn't able to play, I think it would be unlikely that they are above .500. I'd say they'll be 8-8. I think the Texans will win the division if Peyton doesn't play. It's not the strongest conference in my opinion, so they may get lucky, but I don't think they would make the playoffs.

• Stacey

2 or 3

The Colts won't win any games without Peyton Manning.

Manning is the Colts, they have a less than average Head Coach, no running game, and no defense. Without Manning the Colts can win 3 gimme games, 10/16 @ Cin - 11/13 Jac and 11/27 Car. No single player is more valuable to his team than Manning, but he is not the league MVP. Completely different criteria.