prozac and sleep walking?

ever since i started prozac my sleep has been disturbed i guess. about a week ago i found myself in my bathroom without knowing how i got there or why i was there it felt like i just woke up and i only woke up because i knocked a mirror over, and then today the same thing happened but in my livingroom, i dont know what woke me up this time. also sometimes i just randomly fall asleep at my desk, like i can be in the middle of typing something and just fall asleep..the only new anything ive done lately is started taking prozac...could this be why?

Favorite Answer

Prozac is a selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor (SSRI), which in short means it works by altering brain chemistry. Although the effects you describe are not typically associated with Prozac, every person's brain is different and it is possible that these effects do stem from your use of Prozac. Always talk to your doctor about any adverse effects from medications immediately; there may be other options.