will the yankees get carlos pena?

just type it in yankees carlos pena etc. I hope they do cause they need a good dh. and he would fit very well. VERY well. Your thoughts

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No way. The Yanks had him a few years ago and sent him to the minors, then released him. He strikes out alot and hits for a low avg. There are plenty of players available that would be a better option.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If the Yankees can get Carlos Pena within 48 hours then it's a done deal but if not then Carlos stays with the Cubs until another deal comes up. However he said that he was staying with the Cubs so right now Pena might not be leaving after all and if he does go to the Yankees the chances of that are very slim.

• 8 years ago

If they need a good DH.. why would they go after Carlos Pena? If you're being nice to him.. you can say he's an average hitter. Over the last 3 years he has a batting averages of .227, .196, .223 and strikes out 160 times a year. He still hits a few homeruns.. but nowhere near enough to justify those averages.

Just use Montero as a DH, he can perform at least that well.

• Red™
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Rumors are Cubs are planning on keeping Pena. Yanks need pitching help anyway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

"I'm staying with the Cubs." Is the quote from Carlos Pena. So.... no.

• Rich F
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

They don't need him- he hits home runs, but rarely does he hit much above .200, and he strikes out a ton. That doesn't really fit into what they need.

• 8 years ago

It is unlikely that a deal will be made, but you never know what might happen.

Source(s): Yankees.com
  • 8 years ago

maybe if thye give a prospect or 2

• 8 years ago

don't really know him that well but if he can get the job done I would welcome him. I will research him to see what his game is like though.

Source(s): Yankees Fan
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.