Honestly, Did I miss the boat on sex.?

And by boat I mean losing my virginity younger. I'm 20 and I think I am going to do a hook up with some of my friends friends. It not that I havent had the chance it just the guys I wanted to sleep with only wanted me for sex, and I wanted a relationship so it made me feel less special and not give it right away.

IF you have heard of a girl 20 and still a virgin would you think she had problems and was old. I didn't have the interest in high school to be having sex. But Im in college and I just feel stupid. So did I miss the boat and I have to look back at being a virgin at an old age.

What do you think? I did it wrong right? should have spread my legs sooner? lol

• Greth
    Best Answer

There's no boat to miss. You said yourself in high school you had no interest in having sex.

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin at 20 - I was one myself until I was 21 so you've still got a year before you're as "sad" as me lol.

PLEASE do not just lose your virginity in a hook-up. No matter how hard you try, EVERYONE remembers their first and you do not want to look back at that moment the rest of your life as a hook up "to get it over with", trust me!

To answer your question, no absolutely not would I think there was something wrong with you. Even before I heard your reason (which is a VERY admirable one by the way - focussing on school first), I'd think "it's her life. If she's happy to have lived like that thus far, then that's fine by me".

I'm not going to lie to you though - your virginity WILL be a turn off for some guys, BUT that is only because they are like the guys you've already encountered, i.e. not interested in a relationship, only sex, so they don't want the burden of being "the one you remember" and then you wanting to be with them longer than that one night. Any guy worth that special time for you will have NO problem with it at all - in fact he'll also take things slowly and carefully since it is all new to you.

If it were me, I'd honestly feel quite honoured that you felt I was the special one you wanted to be your first.

You're still only 20 - WAY too young to worry about "old age" yet. So much can happen for you still - and let me tell you, some day soon a guy is going to come along that will make you SO happy you waited for him. Do NOT feel ashamed you didn't "spread your legs sooner" unless you desire to be labelled a S L U T lol.

I bet you half the people in your college who have had sex regret it or wish they'd waited a bit longer anyway. Having had sex does not mean they are magically happy. Stay strong and DO NOT give in to peer pressure. When the time is right and the right guy is in the picture you'll know - and you won't need to ask questions to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum haha.

God bless x

Hunny, if it didn't make you feel comfortable then, that is perfectly ok. In fact, it was the best thing you could have done, stay a virgin at that age. You don't have to rush into this kind of thing, trust me. You will regret this sooner than you think. Just wait until you meet a nice guy, who treats you right, and when the time comes, when you think you are ready, go for it.

I was 22 and even then looking back now I really should of just waited until I was married. Really has been the best sex ever. And I am not just saying this. I would encourage you to wait and obviously you must be a Very special girl so make sure he is the one for you and he treats you right. Also though no one is perfect you just got to find some one you click clack with.

I think you are perfectly normal and lucky to still have your virginity. Having it taken by some teenage love really hurts and sucks, now just keep saving it for the right man and it will make your love life so much better

PLEASE don't do this. You have no idea what you are doing. Just wait. I promise it will happen. This is the one thing that people regret. And why do you feel stupid? Why is it even anyone's business? When I was your age, people were proud of being a virgin at 20.

• TJTB

You didn't miss jack. The only thing you've missed are some stds, some unwanted pregnancies and a lot of heartaches and tears. Be proud. You haven't missed a darn thing:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?story...

.

It'll happen when it happens. If you don't have interest in it don't do it. The right guy won't care if you're a virgin.

Not trying to be all romantic, but sex is important. Anyone who says different is.. well.. lets just say.. dumb. in my opinion.

Just look at it this way. Most girls who have lost their virginity at an early age regret it. Don't feel ashamed. You actually have standards. Good for you.

Please note that SEX is HEAVY MAGIC

and the kids who play with it are as much as playing with FIRE.

NOT A GOOD IDEA.

You are more mature and can think about what you are doing

and if its a RELATIONSHIP ... or you are just into recreational sex,

but you will be thinking about it ... fact is teenagers don't THINK!

oh well ....

anyhow .... don't sweat the small stuff!

It just depends on your beliefs. My boat sailed much too young, but I can't un-ring a bell.