If the textbook's ISBN is different should I buy it?

I'm looking for my calculus textbook (below)

ACP CALCULUS 9E WITH APPENDICES

by LARSON

ITP 9th Edition 2009

ISBN: 9781424068487

On Amazon there is a textbook with the same title and author, but a different ISBN (9780547167022). Would the contents be different?

• 하하
    Best Answer

The one you need is a custom edition for your college. You can ask your teacher if you NEED that edition or if a normal one will work.

• Strega

Yes, very probably.

The ISBN number refers to a specific version of a book.

If the teacher wants you to have the ISBN number you indicated, then that's the only book (with that number) you should buy for the class.

Since it's the 9th edition, it probably contains information updates that are not in earlier editions with the same title.

• lipton

definite, that must be the clarification. additionally possibly the e book grew to become into adapted for a undeniable college or something. that's what befell to me as quickly as. comparable version and each thing yet in view that if grew to become into adapted to a undeniable college, it had a diverse ISBN. yet being foreign places must be the main significant area of it however.

I believe it's the same if publisher and edition is the same as well

type the number in at google and see if the same book pops up after you click search, that's how you will know if it's the same exact book you need or not.