Marnie asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 9 years ago

What are some storm quotes?

What are some qoutes about storms? Somthing peacful and suspenceful please!

• bijja
    Favorite Answer

I chose these wonderful quotes from the search results:

“Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought that is forever flowing through one's head.”

Mark Twain

A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease.

John Muir

“The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but deliverance from fear”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

After a storm comes a calm.

Matthew Henry

“The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore”

Vincent van Gogh

After every storm the sun will smile; for every problem there is a solution, and the soul's indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.

William R. Alger

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Irish Blessings quotes

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?

Rose Kennedy

“The only safe ship in a storm is leadership.”

Faye Wattleton

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Rabindranath Tagore

God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform. He plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm.

William Cowper

He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“This world to me is like a lasting storm,

Whirring me from my friends.”

William Shakespeare